Author Topic: Any R.O.M.E.O. riders out there?  (Read 1036 times)

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Any R.O.M.E.O. riders out there?
« on: January 28, 2020, 04:44:52 PM »
Where I live they have different chapters of ROMEO riders (retired older motorcyclist eating out).  Every Sunday they pick a small town with a decent restaurant/bar where everyone meets up on Wednesday.  You can ride with your buddies or individually .  You see all sorts of bikes from Cushman scooters to full dress motorcycles.  It gets you out riding to a area you would probably never visit.  I think this would be a blast in Great Britain.  So any other ROMEO riders out there?
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: Any R.O.M.E.O. riders out there?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 07:46:04 AM »
Where I live they have different chapters of ROMEO riders (retired older motorcyclist eating out).  Every Sunday they pick a small town with a decent restaurant/bar where everyone meets up on Wednesday.  You can ride with your buddies or individually .  You see all sorts of bikes from Cushman scooters to full dress motorcycles.  It gets you out riding to a area you would probably never visit.  I think this would be a blast in Great Britain.  So any other ROMEO riders out there?
Similar to the PEMC here in the UK. I’ve visited a few lunchtime meet ups here in the UK and they’ve been good. Like the ROMEO acronym better though!

So, anyone else interested for the UK?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:51:36 AM by Neil955i »
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 12:23:04 PM »
Similar to the PEMC here in the UK. I’ve visited a few lunchtime meet ups here in the UK and they’ve been good. Like the ROMEO acronym better though!

So, anyone else interested for the UK?
I seen ROMEO riders has a chapter in the UK. What does the PEMC acronym stand for?  For me it would be neat to see the countryside in the UK on a scooter.  Most US tv programs show London and very little else. I've been watching ( Escape To The Country) real estate show to finally see some of the British countryside and towns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OldCoot

• View Profile
    • Steve Wike
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 01:46:18 PM »

Sounds like a cool idea. Like a Cars & Coffee but with a ride and some grub. I'm in!  ... but I don't think there are any other scooters in Upstate SC.
 :-\
OldCoot, aka Brick Head
Greer, SC

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 03:07:33 PM »
I seen ROMEO riders has a chapter in the UK. What does the PEMC acronym stand for?  For me it would be neat to see the countryside in the UK on a scooter.  Most US tv programs show London and very little else. I've been watching ( Escape To The Country) real estate show to finally see some of the British countryside and towns.

I've googled ROMEO, but can only see the ROMEO stateside forum KK.  Tweeted it for here to gauge interest.  PEMC is our Professional & Executive Motorcycle Club which has similar aims, but a bit thin on venues in my locale.

As for our roads, I had two buddies over from the USA  (S. California & New Jersey) a couple of times and we toured Wales and Scotland before heading out to Spain and Portugal for the second tour.  They loved the roads here once they got used to riding the bends on the "wrong" side of the road!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 04:13:57 PM »
I've googled ROMEO, but can only see the ROMEO stateside forum KK.  Tweeted it for here to gauge interest.  PEMC is our Professional & Executive Motorcycle Club which has similar aims, but a bit thin on venues in my locale.

As for our roads, I had two buddies over from the USA  (S. California & New Jersey) a couple of times and we toured Wales and Scotland before heading out to Spain and Portugal for the second tour.  They loved the roads here once they got used to riding the bends on the "wrong" side of the road!
It appears on the ROMEO Web site under England. It looks very thin there as well. Looks like the last three rides were Shoreham airport, Henry VIII pup Heven, Wesson's.

Here they try to ride somewhere every week weather permitting.  I'm in the North central Kansas Romeo's region.  It would take some adjustments on my part to ride on the other side of the road that come naturally to you. LOL

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 06:16:23 PM »
Sounds like a cool idea. Like a Cars & Coffee but with a ride and some grub. I'm in!  ... but I don't think there are any other scooters in Upstate SC.
 :-\
That's what is neat about it you can ride whatever you want. You simply ride to the destination.  Some times I take my  BMW others the Kymco scooter.  I sometimes meet up with people from my town to ride to the destination other times I ride solo.

Ex-KLR

• Cumberland County Tennesee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 12:04:37 AM »
Our group (unnamed) meets at Taco Bell every Tuesday at 11:00 AM.
We come on scooters, motorcycles and sometimes cars/trucks.
We swap stories and plan the next ride.
Like 150i ABS

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 12:17:13 AM »
Our group (unnamed) meets at Taco Bell every Tuesday at 11:00 AM.
We come on scooters, motorcycles and sometimes cars/trucks.
We swap stories and plan the next ride.
One of the people I ride with is also a member of the Cushman club and they do something similar even if it's just meeting for coffee.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 12:38:48 AM »
Three weeks now and no rides because of cold snowy weather.  Need some more warm weather so I can exercise the scooters.  I'm not near as hardie  as some of you that ride in the low temperatures  ;)

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 03:14:51 AM »
"I'm in the North central Kansas Romeo's region."

Is that out there by that big ball of twine?

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 04:05:31 AM »
"I'm in the North central Kansas Romeo's region."

Is that out there by that big ball of twine?
I had to look it up never seen it. It's in Cawker City up by Glen Elder Reservoir which is two hours away.  McPherson is 47 miles North of Wichita

I see your close to St Louis MO, I had to look up Crestwood MO, I noticed a giant eyeball in photos for Crestwood 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 04:12:32 AM by Kansas kymco »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()