Author Topic: 450i Doors ---- Pros & Cons  (Read 782 times)

Driver3

• View Profile
450i Doors ---- Pros & Cons
« on: February 08, 2020, 03:02:21 PM »
Got my Dad a 2018 450i and he wants doors , i like fresh air. Lol.          Anybody like or dislike doors they bought ??    Thinking of going to a upholstery shop and see how much they want

airshot

• View Profile
Re: 450i Doors ---- Pros & Cons
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 04:04:49 PM »
Thought about them myself manytimes..I decided to ger a soft enclosure for winter riding and plowing.  The enclosure is great in the cold, but has made me realize, that doors in the nice weather would be a oain in the a$$.  Doors make it more difficult to get in and out, and I use mine for utility work around my property. To each his own, but once you have spent the money, I think it would become a regreted expense.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 04:13:17 PM »
Doors are a hindrance to anything that looks like work. Our UXV500i had some pretty nice nylon strap nets over the entry that have been discarded because they were a PITA! Doors would be worse.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 07:14:54 PM »
Doors are a hindrance to anything that looks like work. Our UXV500i had some pretty nice nylon strap nets over the entry that have been discarded because they were a PITA! Doors would be worse.

Amen !!

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 09:56:59 PM »
I would like a door on the passenger side only, I rarely have a passenger, more often cargo that wants to fall out
RandyO
IBA#9560

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 01:41:45 AM »
"Got my Dad a 450i, and he wants doors on his 450i...."

The defense rests, your honor.
stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 06:17:41 PM »
If you're considering doors, I'd highly recommend taking a look at the offerings from Off-Road Body Armor. I don't have his doors, but I have his roof, bumper and rock slider rails on my 2018 UXV 450 and am very happy with the products. Plus, Kurt, the owner, is great to deal with. I am considering getting a set of his doors in the future. He offers two versions for this machine, solid metal and perforated metal. So, I would imagine the perforated versions allow for some additional airflow.

Another nice thing about these doors, as best as I can tell, is that they are made to be removed very easily simply be taking out a couple pins. So, you can have them on the machine when you want (winter/cold/riding with kids, etc.) and have them off when you want.

Anyway, check them out. If nothing else, certainly an option that should be on your list. He recently updated his website to www.offroadarmor.com and I don't see those doors there. But I am sure it's worth a call or email to see if he still has them.

Kurt Driemeyer

(314) 609-2440

Kurt@offroadarmor.com
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

mstparker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 12:16:45 AM »
I got Kurt’s doors, love them. Easy to open and shut, & secure.

mstparker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 02:12:44 PM »
To add to my post, once installed, Kurt’s doors can be taken off in a second. Literally.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()