Author Topic: New exec at KymcoUSA  (Read 2676 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

big blue

• View Profile
Re: New exec at KymcoUSA
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 08:42:08 PM »
I saw this story over on the Kymco owners Facebook page I hope this means there will be an affirmation of Kymco as a US brand in the future.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 08:45:25 PM »
News! This makes how many changes at the top of Kymco USA? This Dennis McNeal sounds like an enthusiast so that should be a good sign.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 09:05:20 PM »
At least it means they are not leaving the US, at least for now.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 09:29:57 PM »
I wish him the best of luck. Again, they need some MARKETING! How about doing a series of demo days with dealers? Or getting some of the well-known folks in the off-road community to start pumping the products? You can't grow by sitting around and doing nothing. It takes a consistent effort. I hope they can do that.
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 10:15:51 PM »
Additionally, they are looking for tech advisors to hire. I volunteered all us guys to help! The way I see it there are several around the country who could actually visit dealers, if necessary,  who have  problems their techs can't seem to solve. There are possibilities.... did not include any names except mine!

Yes, marketing! Demo days is good. Some hookup with the local MSF instructors to "introduce" newbees to part of the course. Gymkhanas or other skill events at or near dealers, BYOB (Bring Your Own Bike)! I am sure there are more and better ideas out there!
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 10:17:09 PM »
I hear so many saying that people in the USA don’t buy scooters. But folks won’t buy what they don’t know exists. Most only know about the ones that are good for nothing but city traffic. MAYBE they know about the ones that can go 45-50 mph. When I had my Xciting 250 and my Yamaha Majesty, most didn’t know those kinds existed. They wondered HOW I had an accident on a SCOOTER 120 miles from home because they could only imagine me going 40 mph the whole time. I DID more advertising than KYMCO or YAMAHA!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 10:22:54 PM »
See! There is Forbes personally getting coverage for the scoot market! By the way, Forbes, you will be at the top of the list when or better, IF they ask for tech assist!
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 10:25:25 PM »
I hear so many saying that people in the USA don’t buy scooters. But folks won’t buy what they don’t know exists. Most only know about the ones that are good for nothing but city traffic. MAYBE they know about the ones that can go 45-50 mph. When I had my Xciting 250 and my Yamaha Majesty, most didn’t know those kinds existed. They wondered HOW I had an accident on a SCOOTER 120 miles from home because they could only imagine me going 40 mph the whole time. I DID more advertising than KYMCO or YAMAHA!

I texted the folks in Taiwan and Japan re. your contribution. "Donuts in the mail" they replied.
Agreed - the first gen. Scion xB was a super car, but was never advertised by Toyota - so the thousands of dancing gerbil commercials sold a ton of Kia Souls , which were barely 1/2 as good. (have had both in my family)

Stig
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 10:28:07 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 10:34:38 PM »
Even I didn’t know big scooters existed until stumbled across the Xciting.  They can at least TRY ! Perhaps put a scooter in a movie. Perhaps get some celebrity to advertise on MTV, BET, Tv Land , or even OWN , ESPN, or LIFETIME. Market to all those markets and see which one bites. Show them as a tool/play toy for LIFE. Put a 49, 150, 300+ cc on the same commercial as student transportation, suburban toy, to day trip vehicle. Advertise to the Japanese motorcycle rider who still wants 2 wheels, but wants to pick up a few grocery or small hardware items on the way home. If it doesn’t work, it doesn’t. But if it does, they’ve reached a whole new market.

2009 Xciting 250

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2020, 10:37:31 PM »
I texted the folks in Taiwan and Japan re. your contribution. "Donuts in the mail" they replied.
Agreed - the first gen. Scion xB was a super car, but was never advertised by Toyota - so the thousands of dancing gerbil commercials sold a ton of Kia Souls , which were barely 1/2 as good. (have had both in my family)

Stig
Exactly! I rented a Soul a few months ago and noticed a BUNCH on the highway. Meanwhile , Scion is extinct.

2009 Xciting 250

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2020, 10:51:08 PM »
We had a KIA Soul a few years ago. Could NOT get those dancing hamsters out of that thing. Traded it WITH the hamsters in it! Har, har!
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2020, 10:55:31 PM »
See! There is Forbes personally getting coverage for the scoot market! By the way, Forbes, you will be at the top of the list when or better, IF they ask for tech assist!
I rode for only 7 months  before my accident and saw the advantages of a scooter. Even used it for some mobile auto repair... Between under seat and my Box on the back, I’ve carried hand tools, electric impact, alternator, even a battery . Stopped by Burlington Coat factory and bought a new suit and a pair of shoes folded the suit carefully , put it under the seat, and carried the shoes in the rear box. [emoji23][emoji23]

2009 Xciting 250

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2020, 10:56:11 PM »
We had a KIA Soul a few years ago. Could NOT get those dancing hamsters out of that thing. Traded it WITH the hamsters in it! Har, har!
[emoji23][emoji23]

2009 Xciting 250

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2020, 08:18:07 AM »
Might be a neat idea to have a Kymco rally at a different place each year. I noticed the Cushman club has such a event.  Don't know if there would be enough participants to be worthwhile?  Would also be a good place for KYMCO to release new products, say like the AK550.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 08:19:58 AM by Kansas kymco »
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()