Author Topic: Virus may close my coffee shop  (Read 682 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Virus may close my coffee shop
« on: March 19, 2020, 02:22:26 PM »
Owner said they will probably close him this week, as being "non essential".
He might try deliveries of his drinks and pastries.

He's been open an hour this morning; street should be full of cars, and several folks at tables..

I'll keep riding into town - I'll just bring my own coffee, and sit at my table across the street..
The damage being done to families' livelihoods !
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: Virus may close my coffee shop
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 02:59:28 PM »
Sorry to hear that, but it’s a similar story pretty much world-wide. Like you say keeping riding and be prepared to adapt to continue riding I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 04:12:05 PM »
Sadly it will be devastating to a lot of mom and pop small businesses.  Trying to support a small mom and pop business with to go orders.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 04:23:46 PM »
Sadly it will be devastating to a lot of mom and pop small businesses.  Trying to support a small mom and pop business with to go orders.

buying gift cards is a good way to support the local mom & pop
RandyO
IBA#9560

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 12:25:41 PM »
 I agree, its sad to see these small businesses getting crumbled. Everything is now shuttiing down in  the PRC. 
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

rdhood

• Dahlonega, GA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 02:14:52 PM »
This is really bad.  Lots of folks are just recovering from the debacle of 10 years ago.  We have to figure out how to continue to do business through this.
Outdoor cafe seating with tables more than 6' apart and paper/plastic utensils or something? I don't know the answer, but a collapsed world economy will cause just as much devastation as 5% of the population dying.  Of course, its you and I who are most at risk, but I don't want to see the world thrown in to a depression for the second time in 12 years.
2013 Downtown 300i
2013 Piaggio BV350
2014 Vespa GTS 300i
2016 Vespa GTS 300i

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 03:11:00 PM »
To be honest, I'm not sure the recovery from 2008 has really happened as such, and this is demonstrating very clearly how thin the margins on which people make a living are.

My sister-in-law has been let go this morning; a chef. A friend of mine's business is about to slide on account of reduced studio bookings over the last fortnight. We're about to feel the ramifications.
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 03:34:40 PM »
Hopefully the drug used to treat malaria in the 50s (Chloroquine) will be found effective and we can resume our lives.  It has already been cleared by the FDA for testing.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2020, 05:04:00 PM »
Hopefully the drug used to treat malaria in the 50s (Chloroquine) will be found effective and we can resume our lives.  It has already been cleared by the FD A for testing.

can't hurt, side effects, although sometimes unpleasant, are not life threatening, I have taken the drug for Lyme.
RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 05:25:40 PM »
People just need to hang on for a few weeks.  There are 330million people in this country and they cant all be taken care of at the same time!  The govt is working on bailouts for small businesses,  anyone not recovered from 2008 is not running there business very well.  Many small business have went under and started new and are doing well, it takes a business mind to make a business run well and grow.  We have been told for years and years to be ready for bad times.  This virus jjust shows how many do not prepare for there own future. 911 should have been an eye opener but we see how few really took control of there lives and well being.  Help is comming, just sit back and relax verything will be ok.  Quit buying TP !!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 07:42:13 PM »
Hopefully the drug used to treat malaria in the 50s (Chloroquine) will be found effective and we can resume our lives.  It has already been cleared by the FDA for testing.
Wonder if this is the same medicine used in the Vietnam war?
As a medic I used to give a "daily/daily" malaria tablet to the platoon in Vietnam, and a big orange one once a week.
It was impressed on me in training to make certain that the men took the pills. My job was "to conserve fighting strength" by keeping them healthy. (This was also ingraved on my Zippo)
Both tabs gave you the trotts - to the extent that it was more efficient in the bush to simply slice the crotch out of your fatigues, to save time.
Troops hated them...and would often spit them out. Some decided clean sheets and round-eyed nurses sounded better - so they spat their's out as well.
You were also supposed to keep taking them for awhile after you got back to The World. (America)
Stig

I've heard that Zippo will fix these old lighters for free - but I wouldn't trust anyone with it. The lighter and two pair of bandage scissors, is all I have from that experience - besides, I quit smoking a long time ago. It used to have some pretty enameling in it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 08:33:42 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

DanH

• San Diego, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2020, 09:25:43 PM »
I once took a malaria pill while overseas with the US Navy. I felt like it gave me a mild case of malaria - profuse sweating, fever, restlessness - scared the crap out of me - as in diarrhea, not the metaphor. I would rather sit at home in quarantine, wrapped from head to toe in Saran Wrap, for six months than take another one of those horse pills. Glad to report my Scooter Libby is virus free.
2018 Kymco Like 200i (matte black)

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2020, 03:13:04 AM »
may very well be the same or similar malaria drug, My Lyme doctor also had me on a regimen of supplements and probiotics, without which, the experience would have been very unpleasant 
RandyO
IBA#9560

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2020, 10:31:39 AM »
In other sad news, Country & Western legend, Kenny Rogers, has died aged 81.

<sigh>

He picked a fine time to leave us.......

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2020, 03:16:48 PM »
tough times, I just learned that my granddaughter's boyfriend,  who just accepted and started a job as a chef at a new restaurant that just opened it's doors this week, has closed till this corona virus thing passes

it will be tough for the young couple, they both have good education from a renown culinary school (Paul Smith's College) . it's not like he can get a job at another food service establishment, they are all closing, except takeout, for the most part
RandyO
IBA#9560

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()