Author Topic: Pirelli ANGELS arrived!  (Read 690 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Pirelli ANGELS arrived!
« on: March 25, 2020, 06:39:21 PM »
Very limited selection of correct sized tires in USA for my Liberty150i. OEM Maxxis are back ordered - but not happy with the wear on the rear Maxxis - so happy to switch. (sadly City Grips are wrong size)
Angels are one of very few in the proper size.

Revzilla (slower than normal)....but UPS delivered my new Pirelli ANGEL SCOOTER tires today for my Liberty.
Rear OEM Maxxis will need changing after about 6500 miles. Ordered an ANGEL for the front as well.

Will be a project for whenever I stop procrastinating.
But first will insure that my local dealer is still open for carry-in tire changes.

The 14" is a "REAR or FRONT" with a rotation instruction embossed on the sidewall.

Load rating on the ANGELs is the same as my OEM Maxxis, but the speed rating is nearly double! 62MPH > 113MPH
(Not that I'm going to start cruising at 70 instead of my normal 35MPH :)

Stig
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 06:46:39 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Pirelli ANGELS arrived!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 06:54:46 PM »
The only way you and your scoot go over 35 mph is if you ride over the edge of a tall building! Nyuk, nyuk!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 07:27:34 PM »
The only way you and your scoot go over 35 mph is if you ride over the edge of a tall building! Nyuk, nyuk!
One time I was riding in pitch black darkness, in heavy, heavy fog. My face shield totally fogged up, and my glasses fogged up. I might as well have been riding with my eyes closed*.
I finally opened my helmet, reached up and wiped my glasses with my finger …...when I looked down I discovered that had been rocketing along at nearly 43 MPH!

Stig
*Like a skilled F1 driver who has memorized his race course - unless they move my coffee village on me - I'm going to arrive there, no worries.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 08:12:02 PM »
One time I was riding in pitch black darkness, in heavy, heavy fog. My face shield totally fogged up, and my glasses fogged up. I might as well have been riding with my eyes closed*.
I finally opened my helmet, reached up and wiped my glasses with my finger …...when I looked down I discovered that had been rocketing along at nearly 43 MPH!

Stig
*Like a skilled F1 driver who has memorized his race course - unless they move my coffee village on me - I'm going to arrive there, no worries.

my GF has a 49cc no name Chinese scooter, on flat going, she can cruise along between 40 and 45, going down a hill, it downright scary, I rode it once and don't know how she feels safe over 30. And I've clocked her with the GPS speedo on my V-strom, at nearly 60mph :o,  I don't feel safe in my UTV much over 40
RandyO
IBA#9560

rdhood

• Dahlonega, GA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 03:12:00 PM »
my GF has a 49cc no name Chinese scooter, on flat going, she can cruise along between 40 and 45, going down a hill, it downright scary, I rode it once and don't know how she feels safe over 30. And I've clocked her with the GPS speedo on my V-strom, at nearly 60mph :o,  I don't feel safe in my UTV much over 40

LOL. I almost replied to this yesterday...

I, too, have a no name chinese 150cc gy6.  I rode it summers for a few years before I got my current scoots.  For that Chinese scoot, I have just purchased a new rear tire at 1300 miles. Yes, the cheap Chinese no brand tire wore out at 1300 miles! This thing has been to 60+ downhill many times....I am now thinking how crazy that was...

I put more miles on my Downtown in 3 months than  I put on that scooter in 3 years...

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 03:13:38 PM by rdhood »
2013 Downtown 300i
2013 Piaggio BV350
2014 Vespa GTS 300i
2016 Vespa GTS 300i

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 04:38:41 PM »

"Will be a project for whenever I stop procrastinating.
But first will insure that my local dealer is still open for carry-in tire changes."

Just curious about how your dealer feels about mounting a set of tires which were purchased on line
Did you check with the dealer on his tire price?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 05:35:38 PM »
"Will be a project for whenever I stop procrastinating.
But first will insure that my local dealer is still open for carry-in tire changes."

Just curious about how your dealer feels about mounting a set of tires which were purchased on line
Did you check with the dealer on his tire price?

Thanks for your concern.
No soup nazis around here when it comes to purchasing or mounting tires..

Service desk doesn't care where I get the tire. Mounting price is the same.
It's a mega brand motorcycle dealer - not a scooter dealer, and they carry no scooter parts, Full Stop..

With the virus shut downs, my dealer said he would do my Liberty wheels when I carry them in....."if they are still open."
They've done it 5 times over the years, are happy to take my $ and do a good job of it.
Probably doesn't hurt that my name is in his computer as having purchased 2 scooters and 2 motorcycles from the store.

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

rdhood

• Dahlonega, GA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 05:50:15 PM »
All three scooter/ATV shops in my area quote  flat price for carry in tires/wheels... $25 to $35, depending on installer.
2013 Downtown 300i
2013 Piaggio BV350
2014 Vespa GTS 300i
2016 Vespa GTS 300i

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 12:51:09 AM »
mine charges regular labor rates...~$100/hr....so it cost me $100 last time I carried my motorcycle wheels in for a tire swap. I WISH it were only $25-$35!
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 01:08:13 AM »
I guess when you charge by the hour there is no incentive to be efficient. My local shop charges $20/tire change and will R and R a tire in less than 15 minutes. (That's without balancing them.) We have at least three shops nearby, which is one blessing of a big city: competition.
2009 GV 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 05:02:54 PM »
$33 here.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2020, 03:01:39 PM »
I recently put some angels on my Like 150i.  I wanted City Grips but they don't come in the right size for front and rear.  I bought them from a local dealer.  I took my wheels in and had the tires mounted.  The price for the front tire including mounting and balancing was around $85.  the rear was $100.  The tires feel fine.  Only time will tell how long they last.  The City grip I had on the rear of my Like lasted 5400 miles.  The OEM before that went a whopping 1800 miles.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2020, 03:20:22 PM »
I paid 28 for my Shinko rear tire and after 10 hours of youtube changed it myself for free (wish I had a blast tank).
Become the best you can with what you have.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2020, 04:25:29 PM »
I paid 28 for my Shinko rear tire and after 10 hours of youtube changed it myself for free (wish I had a blast tank).

blast tank make your own by removing the little thing that opens the valve in the nozzle and remove the valve from the tire and air will blast out to inflate the tire, I have a tank to plug the hose in to, at 100 Lb.s preasure, a small tank not to over load tire with 100 Lb.s

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2020, 04:38:08 PM »
Great thought except for the fact that I have a bicycle floor pump. I used a ratchet strap and soap to seat it.
Become the best you can with what you have.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()