Author Topic: Spring is here, time for scootering  (Read 2191 times)

CanuckFJ

• View Profile
Spring is here, time for scootering
« on: April 14, 2020, 04:01:15 PM »
First ride of the season today; 40km commute of mixed highway/city riding.  A little chilly this morning, but nice to be back on two wheels  :D
Kymco Yager GT200i
Triumph Trophy 900
Yamaha FJ1100
Yamaha FJ1200
Kawasaki KZ650
Delta, BC

Fogie

• View Profile
Re: Spring is here, time for scootering
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 02:10:18 PM »
I ride all winter as long as the roads are clear, but it's been pretty cold this year. And now the we're finally getting into days that are fit for human consumption, the damned COVID comes along, leaving no place open to run errands to. In all honesty, although I've never had a consequential accident, I worry every time I ride that, if something happened, I'd be terrified of receiving medical attention, given what's going on right now.
2012 Kymco Frost (Yager) 200i - Toronto, Canada

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 02:04:22 AM »
I ride all winter as long as the roads are clear, but it's been pretty cold this year. And now the we're finally getting into days that are fit for human consumption, the damned COVID comes along, leaving no place open to run errands to. In all honesty, although I've never had a consequential accident, I worry every time I ride that, if something happened, I'd be terrified of receiving medical attention, given what's going on right now.
I stayed off of my scooter till I went nuts ,  then to hades with it , I live within 1 mile to the country roads , and then I am all alone on the roads,  when I am on the yager (I find I put around 50 Kmph, today some young guys past me and I sped up and blue the belt it tore the belt to pieces and jammed the variator tearing the axel out of the outer variator face so it wobbles on the shaft,  need new variator and sliders only, as I have belt in stock,  SPRING IS COMMING YAAA.!!!

Like50

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 08:07:19 AM »
I bought the scooter on feb 10th, and now driven since then 1650 km, longest daytrip to countryside 120 km. Warmest spring ever as I recall 40+ years. Max speed 45 kmh is a bit too slow, 60 kmh would be better and safe IMHO. Gasoline costs 3.50 € per 100 km :)
Today going to fishing some silakka, I do not know what it is in English, from the bridge near downtown Helsinki.
Seeking used Kymco moped scooter

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 12:35:18 PM »
I stayed off of my scooter till I went nuts ,  then to hades with it , I live within 1 mile to the country roads , and then I am all alone on the roads,  when I am on the yager (I find I put around 50 Kmph, today some young guys past me and I sped up and blue the belt it tore the belt to pieces and jammed the variator tearing the axel out of the outer variator face so it wobbles on the shaft,  need new variator and sliders only, as I have belt in stock,  SPRING IS COMMING YAAA.!!!
dedee
How many miles on that belt - and what brand?
Have heard that when a kevlar belt breaks - it can do a lot of damage.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 12:39:03 PM »
I bought the scooter on feb 10th, and now driven since then 1650 km, longest daytrip to countryside 120 km. Warmest spring ever as I recall 40+ years. Max speed 45 kmh is a bit too slow, 60 kmh would be better and safe IMHO. Gasoline costs 3.50 € per 100 km :)
Today going to fishing some silakka, I do not know what it is in English, from the bridge near downtown Helsinki.
Welcome here!
Good luck with your fishing!
Did you know the speed of your Like50 before you purchased it?
The 4T version is notoriously slow. Take care!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 06:57:43 AM »
dedee
How many miles on that belt - and what brand?
Have heard that when a kevlar belt breaks - it can do a lot of damage.
Stig
  it is a Bando belt ,  with 10,000 Km.s on it ,  that is OE belt,  malossi belt same price and they say they are better,   :o :o

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()