Author Topic: Making use of the outdoors during the pandemic  (Read 578 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Making use of the outdoors during the pandemic
« on: April 15, 2020, 05:28:51 PM »
If your local regulations permit - I hope you will take advantage of the outdoors during this situation.
By midafternoon this nearby State park lot is overflowing with cars of people making use of the miles of walking trails - but early mornings look like this.
Stig - being a sunrise guy - easily rousts the family for early walks, too.

The park has miles of quiet 25mph roads.

I walk the pup here all year...…
She knows where I keep my cell phone, and how to dial 911 if needed at the top, someday.

Our hospital has furloughed 700 staff during this time....and, being a Christian centered firm, they are taking good care of their employees - for the day they will need them back.
Stig

PS: I was #3 in line for the Senior Hour at the local grocers. Cleaned everything in the Chevy F-150 before bringing it into the house - all my clothes went straight into the washer....except for my Red Sahx hat! - which was sprayed.

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

dan v.

• View Profile
Re: Making use of the outdoors during the pandemic
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 08:38:54 PM »
Chevy F-150?
05 Super 9, 06 Best & Win, and a fleet of other scoots.....
Grand Rapids, MI

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 09:33:43 PM »
Chevy F-150?
My mistake.
I went back out and looked at the grill - it's a Ford Silverado.
(remember, my FIL gave my this truck - I'm a VW man)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 07:29:30 AM »
I'm gonna help a friend chop down some trees this weekend, the beginning of next winter's firewood.  chain is sharp, I do need to pick up another gallon of bar oil, and more 2 stroke oil, I swapped tires on my 450i
RandyO
IBA#9560

DanH

• San Diego, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 11:53:59 AM »
My family limits its time outdoors to brisk walks. I've noticed more and more people on these walks since the isolation started. I asked a policeman hanging a park-closed sign if I was legal, and he said, "as long as you keep moving." I do rev up my scooter once a week and circle the block. And this is in southern California. My problem is with the numbers ... I watch them on the news ... and check my zip code for the coronavirus count. Since that number is growing, so is my level of precaution for the outdoors.
2018 Kymco Like 200i (matte black)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 05:25:53 PM »
My family limits its time outdoors to brisk walks. I've noticed more and more people on these walks since the isolation started. I asked a policeman hanging a park-closed sign if I was legal, and he said, "as long as you keep moving." I do rev up my scooter once a week and circle the block. And this is in southern California. My problem is with the numbers ... I watch them on the news ... and check my zip code for the coronavirus count. Since that number is growing, so is my level of precaution for the outdoors.
Yep.
Watching the numbers, too, in my county.
Will be doing a dark sunrise ride early next week out onto the country roads to my coffee village. Drop my visor down, pop in to be handed my coffee, say a greeting, pop out, use hand cleaner dispenser near the credit union. Cross the street, Lysol my table top and chair and try to enjoy a little peace. One or two pedestrians will pass well around me. Watch the sunrise - and wait to see if the local police tell me to move on.

It is all very concerning - the news, the newspapers - then I watch the 20 or so employees at my grocery store moving about.
I may very well come to simply riding through the village - while trying to lend support my friend's business with a few checks in the mail.
I've read that regular customers are doing this across the country. Some of these little shops are a regular social gathering place for retired folks --- and many are doing what they can to offer financial support.
I've been hitting his tip jar pretty heavily while his back was turned.....

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()