Author Topic: Virus Lockdown  (Read 1012 times)

john grinsel

• View Profile
Virus Lockdown
« on: April 17, 2020, 03:57:44 PM »
This Virus Lockdown has sure be cramp in my spring riding....but every 5-7 days I take my car out and scooter, too for ride on local loop to keep batteries up.   So far no problems.  Hope this is over soon.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Virus Lockdown
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 05:42:21 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D  I ride out in the back roads ,  no traffic to speak of,  longest ride 150 miles so far, 

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Virus Lockdown
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 08:29:54 AM »
This Virus Lockdown has sure be cramp in my spring riding....but every 5-7 days I take my car out and scooter, too for ride on local loop to keep batteries up.   So far no problems.  Hope this is over soon.
Think I’m going to need to do the same John. A two-mile round trip to the surgery don’t hack it! Maybe a 20 miler later this week to charge the battery? That’s an “essential” journey isn’t it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 01:45:00 PM »
Sadly not!

I've drained the carb on the C70 and am just waiting...

Car went flat a week or so ago.
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 04:01:22 PM »
Can I just ask our American cousins, despite what your President says, NOT to inject, or to otherwise ingest any toilet cleaner, disinfectant or one of those blue blocks you get in public toilet urinals into your body.

It'll probably make you feel worse.

Similarly, inserting a high powered torch (flashlight) into a bodily orifice won't kill the virus either.

What you need is isolation, rest, paracetamol, maybe some anti virals and, if we're lucky, a cure.

This has been a public service announcement on behalf of the rest of the world.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 05:41:30 PM »
Took the UNO 150 out yesterday for a loop up to Marquette over to Lindsborg on back roads  (about a 45 mile trip).  It felt good to get out. Was planning on taking the People 150 on the same loop but run out of day.

Seen six kids out riding their horses on gravel roads (I stick to paved county roads). It was a beautiful day with temperatures in the mid 70'sF
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 05:43:19 PM »
Brilliant Snorvey. Plus I’ll say it before the Yanks do, Agent Orange is not representative of all Americans...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2020, 05:44:58 PM »
Can I just ask our American cousins, despite what your President says, NOT to inject, or to otherwise ingest any toilet cleaner, disinfectant or one of those blue blocks you get in public toilet urinals into your body.

It'll probably make you feel worse.

Similarly, inserting a high powered torch (flashlight) into a bodily orifice won't kill the virus either.

What you need is isolation, rest, paracetamol, maybe some anti virals and, if we're lucky, a cure.

This has been a public service announcement on behalf of the rest of the world.
On this side of the pond we call that cleansing of the gene pool.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2020, 05:45:40 PM »
Sadly not!

I've drained the carb on the C70 and am just waiting...

Car went flat a week or so ago.
It was tongue in cheek. Mind you I had a cast iron excuse for a trip yesterday to collect a work mobile for my essential worker (NHS) wife [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2020, 06:05:43 PM »
Not "locked down" in Tennessee. A lot of people staying home because businesses have closed as a precaution. In spite of what the news services and haters have repeated over and over the injection story is out of context.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 06:49:31 PM »
Yep, think we’re getting perilously close to falling foul of the moderator here?
What was the old work maxim about not discussing religion, politics or sex? [emoji23]

Regards & ride safe,
Neil

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 07:12:00 PM »
I have been all over this area. Brownsville (15 miles), Bolivar (20 miles), Jackson (38 miles) several times each week on scooter and in the car. I am high risk old folks but spend a great deal of time outside even when it rains. So far, my health is good for 79 years. Just finished fixing my scoot and posting pictures.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2020, 11:17:26 PM »
Sounds like at 67, I am the youngster here, I'm still working some, picky about the jobs I take, mostly designing replacements for failed septic systems,  I could easily do it full time and then some, but I limit myself to 3 days in a week max, but more often one or 2, or none. Or sometime the job is just consulting with people purchasing real estate (jobs I can ride a scoot to) Here in NH, we are under "stay at home" conditions,  I use that term loosely, Parks & hiking trails are packed,  and what is it with hardly anybody buying fresh vegetables, unseasonably low prices,  most businesses are essential in some way, but the ones I know of that are getting hit hardest locally

the town barber
beauty parlor
tattoo shop
restaurants are take out only

as of late, what seems to be the most popular activit:
hiking trails
cleaning side of road
SHOOTING TANNERITE  8) ;D ;)

RandyO
IBA#9560

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2020, 07:14:19 AM »
Sounds like at 67, I am the youngster here

Pfft. Move over grandad. I'm 52.

And the Trump/disinfectant thing really was a calling to those with 'hard of understanding', not any kind of political statement. They are a vulnerable group and need looking after.

The closest I came to disaster was when I had to employ Dettol Multi Surface Wipes in the absence of toilet paper. Now that alone stung a bit but, luckily, with no lasting damage.

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2020, 10:39:59 AM »
Sounds like at 67, I am the youngster here

Pfft. Move over grandad. I'm 52.

And the Trump/disinfectant thing really was a calling to those with 'hard of understanding', not any kind of political statement. They are a vulnerable group and need looking after.

The closest I came to disaster was when I had to employ Dettol Multi Surface Wipes in the absence of toilet paper. Now that alone stung a bit but, luckily, with no lasting damage.
Dettol wipes? Ouch! Nice sparkly RP though eh?

Regards & ride safe,
Neil

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()