Author Topic: Impulse buying while quarantined?  (Read 982 times)

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Impulse buying while quarantined?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 02:11:17 AM »
I think online availability killed a lot of small antique markets. I have the 1923 hand drawn survey for our property. I don't understand the marking system, for instance, our one corner is labeled as a stone which is in the middle of what the survey calls a stony gully. Also the 14 inch oak stumps, from 1923.
Become the best you can with what you have.

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2020, 07:54:02 AM »
Actually just the opposite has happened here. I don't know if it's money from the stimulus checks to people who are still working or just pent-up angst from being at home. I've seen 3 low mileage Kymco scooters go for considerable more then their book value. All three were under a thousand miles and mint condition.

We have the same here. Bike prices are sky high - in fact, they're insane for some of the rubbish that's out there at the moment. Each time I see an advert that I think is reasonable, it's for a non-running bike. Madness.
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2020, 10:01:31 AM »
We have the same here. Bike prices are sky high - in fact, they're insane for some of the rubbish that's out there at the moment. Each time I see an advert that I think is reasonable, it's for a non-running bike. Madness.
The three scooters went for close to $500. Over NADA  value. The funny thing is a dealer not far has new 2019 Kymco 300's on clearance for his cost.

I myself have purchased a couple of non-runners for a winter project for next to nothing.  I have found very few people have mechanical skills anymore and sometimes sell over the simplest problem. The two 150's had to have the carburetors cleaned from sitting so long,  that's it to get them going. 
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2020, 11:34:03 AM »
Got a ‘14 plate Chinese 125 going if you’re interested? It’s a runner with new rubber...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2020, 12:23:20 PM »
I don't have a site. Here are a few a have still at the house. The cardinal was my first acrylic. I haven't finished the person in the Edinburgh Beach.

Pretty cool - nice job.
Thanks for sharing.
I'm collecting rainy night pix these days...

Major Tom
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2020, 09:31:51 AM »
Got a ‘14 plate Chinese 125 going if you’re interested? It’s a runner with new rubber...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll drop you a PM :) I'm always interested to some degree... :D

**edit**

Just realised the irony of this in an inpulse-buying thread...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:36:41 AM by Viper254 »
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()