Author Topic: Breaking out of the lockdown, Georgia mountain riding on my Like  (Read 1311 times)

dan v.

• View Profile
Re: Breaking out of the lockdown, Georgia mountain riding on my Like
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2020, 11:38:07 PM »
I did ride it on a curvy section of road but took it easy.  Steve said it had limited cornering clearance and had not been able to stay with us when it really got curvy.  I didn't want to find the limits on a bike that didn't belong to me.  It had a softer suspension and just felt "looser" than either of my scooters but to be fair, it had something like 40 or 50 thousand miles on it so the suspension was not exactly new.  I would describe it as more of a plush cruiser than a sport scooter.  It was also fairly heavy.  I think Steve said it was 410 pounds.  It would be a good scooter for relaxed riding and also for getting attention at stops.

Thanks, Win.  I wanted to get your impression - you may recall that I own one.  It is a heavy, lumbering beast but perks up at about 40 mph and the handling lightens up.  Kinda fun in the turns, but I don't push it and the seating position doesn't lend itself to hoonery.   Quite the different beast.  ;)
05 Super 9, 06 Best & Win, and a fleet of other scoots.....
Grand Rapids, MI

DanH

• San Diego, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2020, 10:29:13 AM »
"... doesn't lend itself to hoonery."

I learned a new word today. Thanks.
2018 Kymco Like 200i (matte black)

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2020, 01:48:21 PM »
+1
Become the best you can with what you have.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()