Author Topic: Changing Oil on my 2013 UXV 500i, locating the oil drain plug  (Read 1035 times)

TomOnTheRun

• View Profile
I have the owners manual and service manual.   I know the location of the oil level window and oil fill cap.  However, for the life of me I cannot locate the oil filter cap bolt to drain the oil out of the engine.   Any help to determine the location is much appreciated.  Is it in the same area of the oil level window.

Yikes!  :-\

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Oil on my 2013 UXV 500i, locating the oil drain plug
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 11:33:01 PM »
No. It is on the bottom of the engine just like on a car. You get under and there is a hole in the under cover to access it. Take all your sockets as I don't remember the size!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

TomOnTheRun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 12:44:44 PM »
Thanks for your comments.  Much appreciated.

I think I found it.  It looks like there is a cut out in the skid plate where the plugs are on the bottom of the engine.  Do you remove the second plugs that has the wire mesh screen to clean out?  If it's dirty what do you use to clean it out and remove any sediments.  Making progress.

Now I need locate the drain plug on the radiator.  I sure don't see one on the radiator.  The service manual shows to drain the radiator you remove a plug that is not physically on the radiator.

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 06:38:37 PM »
I don't think it is necessary to drain the coolant. As long as the coolant in the reservoir looks good, I would leave it
cjs

TomOnTheRun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 04:25:45 PM »
I located it and located it Gents.  Thanks!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()