Author Topic: Another 2013 Kymco UXV500i Question, fuel gauge  (Read 304 times)

TomOnTheRun

• View Profile
Another 2013 Kymco UXV500i Question, fuel gauge
« on: May 22, 2020, 01:02:50 PM »
I purchased this side by side used with les then 100 miles on it last year.  Runs great!   Shifter is tricky put have figured it out.   The fuel gauge has never worked.  The seller said it sat outside and in ocean air and had to recoat the gas tank and said the float tube got stuck.  Does anyone know what part I would need to order so the fuel gauge works?

This is pretty cool side by side and have enjoyed the running around on hunts with it last year.  Like to restore the little things to make it perfect.   The only remaining fix is the fuel gauge.  Really, the only thing that didn't work when I purchased it.

souzamoto

• View Profile
Re: Another 2013 Kymco UXV500i Question, fuel gauge
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 06:29:35 PM »
If you need the fuel sending unit in the fuel tank, the part number is: 3780A-LEE8-EOO
The price is 29.37 plus freight if any.
Any dealer should be able to order for you. I would have them call kymco and inquire if they have in stock first.
You should be able to unplug it and jump the wires, this should trick the gauge and it should read full
CJS

TomOnTheRun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 04:30:57 PM »
The is great news.  Seems quite affordable.  How complicated is the sending unit.  I assume you remove from the fuel tank.  Is there a plug inside the tank?  I check what was in mine and it look like it was from a morticycle with white float tube.    I moved it around and no longer does the fuel gauge appear on my Dashboard display.

Last remaining item for me to fix.

Thanks so much on the part number.  Any pointers on connecting appreciated.  If it's just a plug connection please advise. 

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 05:00:12 PM »
Under the seat, 6 screws hold it in, remove, disconnect the wire plug, remove the sender complete.
What you might want to do is remove it, reconnect the plug in, ground the sender to the tank, turn on the key and move the sender float up and down, check the gauge as you do this, to make sure the issue is the sender.

TomOnTheRun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 05:19:21 PM »
If you need the fuel sending unit in the fuel tank, the part number is: 3780A-LEE8-EOO
The price is 29.37 plus freight if any.
Any dealer should be able to order for you. I would have them call kymco and inquire if they have in stock first.
You should be able to unplug it and jump the wires, this should trick the gauge and it should read full
CJS

just ordered the part and hope to connect the correct cables as noted.  I agree it should work.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()