Author Topic: Conflicting information Grandvista  (Read 758 times)

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Conflicting information Grandvista
« on: June 25, 2020, 04:33:48 PM »
Grandvista tire pressure online says 25# front and 29# back. Owners manual does not give front except two riders 29# and 32# rear single or double. I guess I'll experiment to see what handles best.  Tires are factory original 2009 so probably ought to replace despite only having 3943 miles on them and no weather cracking. The scooter lived in the garage so not much weathering of the plastic as well.

Now trying to decide what tire's to go with looks like I might try Michilin Pure power. With 12" tires traction is important.  Long life is secondary. 
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

big blue

• View Profile
Re: Conflicting information Grandvista
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 04:42:21 PM »
Same tire pressure info in Like 200i manual also 12 inch tire size, of course Grand Vista is heavier with larger engine and frame.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 04:46:44 PM »
You would think something as basic and vital would be correct. Remember the Ford Explorer tire pressure lawsuit fiasco?
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 04:54:01 PM »
You would think something as basic and vital would be correct. Remember the Ford Explorer tire pressure lawsuit fiasco?

The irony of that was Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone were best friends.  Went camping together and had winter homes on Jekyll Island. What a difference a few decades makes when the bean counters are in control.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 06:44:51 PM »
my People S200 manual also states 25 / 29 F/R with single rider.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 07:04:22 PM »
Many like to mess with their tire pressure for best knee dragging, etc.
But my backbone likes 25 front, 29 rear in my 12" Like200i tires!....as stipulated by manual.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 08:31:45 PM »
Many like to mess with their tire pressure for best knee dragging, etc.
But my backbone likes 25 front, 29 rear in my 12" Like200i tires!....as stipulated by manual.
Stig
I have been extremely cautious about knee dragging on my scooters, I keep having visions of loose sand or gravel in a cornor.  I did scrape the kickstand on a hard left cornor  though. Kind of unsure of how far I can go before the unloaded front end washes out.

My manual does not give front  tire pressure for a single rider which is odd. I put 25# front and 29# back.

Ordered a Vixen air horn on ebay today for the GV. Have the Wolo air horn's on the Xciting's.  118 DB
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 08:41:50 PM by Kansas kymco »

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2020, 08:41:31 PM »
I have been extremely cautious about knee dragging on my scooters, I keep having visions of loose sand or gravel in a cornor.  I did scrape the kickstand on a hard left cornor  though. Kind of unsure of how far I can go before the unloaded front end washes out.

My manual does not give front  tire pressure for a single rider which is odd. I put 25# front and 29# rear.

Going to run down to Harbor freight and get some more air horns for the scooters tomorrow, Woolo makes a nice compact unit that fits a scooter replacing the door buzzer they call a horn. Have to run wiring and a relay using the horn to trigger the relay for the air horn.
Did the relay and WOLO on the DT several years ago. WOLO destroyed by ants taking residence so went with two electrics that promised to be loud. Did not disappoint! Did a smidge of rewiring: fused wire from battery to relay with a branch to power outlet. With a 20 amp fuse, the battery can be charged through the outlet! That puny .8 amp lead was perfect to power the TPMS my wife gave me!
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2020, 08:44:55 PM »
Sorry Crossbolt I changed my post when I found I could get them cheaper on ebay.  What type of electric horns did you use? And what TPMS system did you install?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2020, 08:57:08 PM »
Sorry Crossbolt I changed my post when I found I could get them cheaper on ebay.  What type of electric horns did you use? And what TPMS system did you install?
The horns were two 9 dollar units from Amazon, one high, one low tone. There were several selections of two horns, one high and one low for about 20 bucks. Recalling some hype about super loud and these are even with big car horns!

The TPMS was from Steelmate and is no longer offered. Have noticed several newer, recent motorcycle systems very similar. I will see if I can find a picture to post in a minute...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 09:28:04 PM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 01:40:47 AM »
This horn actually fits inside the floor of the Agility, but I am sane enough not to do it. Although I have been tempted when the glass packed 1990 pickups rev in front of me at traffic lights.

https://www.amazon.com/Bocina-aire-%C3%BAnica-Zento-Deals/dp/B01LX0SPPM/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=Train+horn&link_code=qs&qid=1593135468&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-5&tag=mozilla-20
Become the best you can with what you have.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 02:00:03 AM »
This horn actually fits inside the floor of the Agility, but I am sane enough not to do it. Although I have been tempted when the glass packed 1990 pickups rev in front of me at traffic lights.

https://www.amazon.com/Bocina-aire-%C3%BAnica-Zento-Deals/dp/B01LX0SPPM/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=Train+horn&link_code=qs&qid=1593135468&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-5&tag=mozilla-20
You might take out your own eardrums with that.  Just wanted something more then the door buzzer they come with

OldCoot

• View Profile
    • Steve Wike
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020, 03:33:03 AM »
Did the relay and WOLO on the DT several years ago. WOLO destroyed by ants taking residence so went with two electrics that promised to be loud. Did not disappoint! Did a smidge of rewiring: fused wire from battery to relay with a branch to power outlet. With a 20 amp fuse, the battery can be charged through the outlet! That puny .8 amp lead was perfect to power the TPMS my wife gave me!

Would love to know how that new horn works out. Please post some pix.
OldCoot, aka Brick Head
Greer, SC

Ernst

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2020, 05:13:31 AM »
On my People S 250 2010 I go with the higher pressure set because I am rather heavy.  <pun intended>
I weigh enough on a 250 to be two people.
From what I understand Over/Under inflation vs ride weight has an effect on tire wear. From time to time I look closely at the tires. Also bought a pump unit that inflates exactly to the exact PSI and shuts off. Nice feature.
Ride Long and Prosper.

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2020, 12:45:13 PM »
You might take out your own eardrums with that.  Just wanted something more then the door buzzer they come with

The very voice of my conscience.
Become the best you can with what you have.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()