Author Topic: In Search of Like 200i Manual  (Read 416 times)

baconschteam

• View Profile
In Search of Like 200i Manual
« on: June 25, 2020, 10:14:40 PM »
Hi! First post. I purchased a used 2018 Like 200i yesterday for my commute and would like to work on it myself. Through this forum I've found an owner's manual for an older Like (maybe 2013?), but not for 2018. Are they the same? I'm mainly interested in the maintenance schedule and parts list. Even better would be if anybody could point me to a repair manual. Thanks in advance!

-Jim :)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: In Search of Like 200i Manual
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 10:42:39 PM »
Check out www.cyclepedia.com
They sell a manual for the LIKE200I.
Kymco hasn't made any changes to the scooter,  other than colors and prices.
Cyclepedia.com makes the manuals for KYMCOUSA.
I  use the heck out of my cyclepedia manual.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 10:45:14 PM »
For OEM KYMCO parts --' go to General Discussion,  "buy Kymco parts here in USA"

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

baconschteam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 02:22:37 PM »
Thanks Stig! I'm super excited! I just got the Kindle version of the manual thinking I could print it out. Oops! I guess I'm going to have a greasy kindle  ;D

I bought it for $1200 at 4200K miles with no maintenance history so I'm thinking of doing my 5000K maintenance a little early. The sides are a little scraped up - it's been knocked over a couple of times. Is it normal for it to have a top speed of 50mph? Not that I'll be going that speed, generally..

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 02:53:02 PM »
Thanks Stig! I'm super excited! I just got the Kindle version of the manual thinking I could print it out. Oops! I guess I'm going to have a greasy kindle  ;D

I bought it for $1200 at 4200K miles with no maintenance history so I'm thinking of doing my 5000K maintenance a little early. The sides are a little scraped up - it's been knocked over a couple of times. Is it normal for it to have a top speed of 50mph? Not that I'll be going that speed, generally..
Hello welcome to the forum!
You can also buy the book....though I find the color pix better on the download version.
Well, 50mph top speed is a bit slow.
Upper 50's generally is the top speed - though others will get low-to-mid 60's....and someone will say "70mph GPS!!" of course. You know how it is with scooter owners.
Your price seems a bit high for a binged-up LIKE with 4200 miles - but I guess not for only 2 yrs old.
Yes, do valves, new spark plug, both oils, and set tire pressures at 25 & 29PSI....but the belt, rollers and airfilter should still be good. (unless he's been off-roading, or dirt roading , which might explain the scratches?, - then change the airfilter)

The LIKE's are not highway cruisers; too light, too short, IMHO - others will differ with that opinion, of course.

It's a pretty tough, reliable scooter - and easy to get at the service areas.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

baconschteam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 07:21:10 PM »
I really appreciate the info! Sorry, but just to be clear - when I go to partsoutlaw there is a section for "Kymco Like 200 (2010)". Am I understanding correctly that all of these parts should still work on the 2018 model? I need a new turn signal and a few other things.

https://www.partsoutlaw.com/oemparts/l/kym/5b50e9a387a866110c2e096c/like-200-2010-ka40aa-parts

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()