Author Topic: What was your first Kymco scooter and what led to your initial purchase?  (Read 1030 times)

Like50

• Finland
    • View Profile
Twenty years ago I had Peugeot Trekker 50cc 2t, used it downtown school trips and commuting to girlfriend. As I live those places still, I thought few years ago to try again, had one year and 5500 km chinese baotian "Solifer Retro" 2012, it stopped running and now this spring I bought Like 50cc  4t 2011, drove now 3200 km myself. Fun to drive, slow, and easy parking as bike, and cheap overall. Useful also in winter, if warm as usually these days do.
Seeking used Kymco moped scooter

wbdvt

• View Profile
My first and only Kymco is the 2012 Downtown 200i purchased last year up in Maine to run in the 2020 Scooter Cannonball which has now been postponed until 2021.  I have a Vespa Sprint 150 and GTS 250 but my plans were to ride the Kymco and then sell it at the end and fly home.  I bought it as it has a decent handicap for cannonball and is reliable to run 10-14 hrs per day for 10 days.  My only complaint is that I felt the seat had me too low so I had to add some height with an air cushion and some foam.  I did not feel comfortable with my knees higher than my hips.
2012 Kymco Downtown 200i, 2016 Vespa Sprint 150, 2006 Vespa GTS 250

rdhood

• Dahlonega, GA
    • View Profile
How does the DT300  compare to the BV 350?

I got it late February and did a bunch of maintenance on it... then ran into trouble bleeding the brakes and haven't got back to the BV350 yet.   Spring hit and I have been riding and getting the Downtown  ready for a trip later this summer (stuff like wet weather gear, working out a better GPS system, top case installation, etc, etc,  and just plain riding as much as time permits). Working on bikes is more of a winter thing for me.  I crank it every few weeks, but that's it for the next two months. For now, the BV350 is my go to scooter.
2013 Downtown 300i
2013 Piaggio BV350
2014 Vespa GTS 300i
2016 Vespa GTS 300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()