Author Topic: UXV 450 Trail Ride Photos  (Read 505 times)

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
UXV 450 Trail Ride Photos
« on: July 02, 2020, 08:24:54 PM »
Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted. I just thought I'd share a few pics of my 2018 UXV 450i, as I think she's looking pretty good! As you can see, I've added quite a few aftermarket accessories and now have the machine just how I want it.

For those who are interested, here's a list of what I added to the machine since I bought it:

1. Rock sliders, roof and rear bumper from Off-Road Armor
2. Badland 2,500-pound winch
3. Nilight 32-inch, 180-watt LED light bar, flood/spot combo
4. BOSS Audio 500-watt speaker system
5. Super ATV folding windshield
6. KFI 66-inch Snow Plow Blade/Mount Combo
7. Some cheap rear-view mirror off Amazon

I am really happy with the setup now, and I don't foresee any major changes going forward. She can pretty much do whatever I want now in comfort and style. It's nice to have the sound system, not even so much for riding as for when you are parked or when doing yard work or just out in the yard shooting my bow.

The LED bar is great and was less than $70, including the wiring harness. That thing will light up the night like high noon!

If you do any type of off-roading, I highly recommend the rock sliders to protect the underside of your machine, and the roof is a gem. Super sturdy and to me a heck of a lot better looking than the giant plastic job Kymco offers.

Anyway, hope you all are enjoying the summer and finding some time to get out and ride. Heck, there ain't much else to do this summer...
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: UXV 450 Trail Ride Photos
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 12:40:48 AM »
Very nice! Don't think you will be using that 180 watt light bar very long after dark!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
Re: UXV 450 Trail Ride Photos
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 03:23:33 PM »
Very nice! Don't think you will be using that 180 watt light bar very long after dark!

What do you mean? Because it will drain the battery? Yes, you probably can't sit there for hours and run it with the engine off. But if you are driving, you can run it as long as you like. It lights up the trails like crazy!

BTW, I keep my machine on a trickle charger when parked in the garage. Because of the accessories I have connected to the battery (sound system w/Bluetooth connection, illuminated relay switch for light bar, wireless remote sensor for winch) there is a small but steady drain on the battery. By keeping it connected to the charger when parked, I keep the battery topped off and prevent it from getting run down even if the machine sits for days or weeks between use.
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()