Author Topic: priceing?  (Read 608 times)

Joad78745

• View Profile
priceing?
« on: July 08, 2020, 06:35:01 PM »
 ???What should the OTD price be on a X-towm 300i abs be in Austin Tx. I am interested in buying one.

souzamoto

• View Profile
Re: priceing?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 07:29:28 PM »
Get quotes from the dealers. Best to go in and shop.

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 08:45:29 PM »
I would say fresh 2020 model, about $5000 out the door, all fees and add on paid.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 08:54:16 PM »
???What should the OTD price be on a X-towm 300i abs be in Austin Tx. I am interested in buying one.

Look for internet special prices.
Look at cycletrader.
Major dealers have a web page.
I've completed 2  scooter purchases by email & phone after finding internet specials pricing form dealers in a radius of my area.
Had both scoots delivered to me, delivery factored into the deal $.
Get your loan, if any needed, elsewhere, (credit union) then get at least two dealers involved in bidding for your $$.
If you can do 36mos payments, Kymco currently running 1.99 % offer.
Besides price - what can they add: Helmet? Free first 600 mile service with valve check, etc?

If you walk in to your local dealer, come with a OTD price from at least one other dealer.
Or not, your choice.
Stig

« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 09:17:57 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Ernst

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 09:25:59 PM »
In California I was quoted $5400 otd

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 03:02:30 PM »
I would say....after purchasing and riding over 75 new bikes and scooters since 1955---over 1.5 million miles, dealer is most important!  They can help if the darn thing breaks....and many to!

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 03:11:54 PM »
 Most dealers in the Peoples Replublic of CA. , add a dealer mark up.  Find a way to negotiate your way out of it, if they are doing that in your area.
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

Ernst

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2020, 04:25:36 PM »
Most dealers in the Peoples Replublic of CA. , add a dealer mark up.  Find a way to negotiate your way out of it, if they are doing that in your area.
Buy and older (new) scooter and save $$$$
2019's are like $1500 less than 2020

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2020, 04:51:29 PM »
Left overs can be  cheaper to buy-----but what about trade in time?  I buy my bikes/scooters to use....this is not a cheap hobby/transport when you ride a lot.

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2020, 07:57:48 PM »
Left overs can be  cheaper to buy-----but what about trade in time?  I buy my bikes/scooters to use....this is not a cheap hobby/transport when you ride a lot.

Leftovers will be worth less at trade in time because if you buy a 3 year old bike and trade it in 2 years later the dealer will consider it a 5 year old bike.  If you only get a small discount on the leftover bike then you will lose out at trade in time.

I have bought many left over bikes and in some cases I got a fantastic deal.  One was nearly 50% off.  Like you I buy my bikes to ride them.  I don't really worry about trade in value because I generally keep my bikes a long time and they aren't worth much when I sell them. 

But for someone who likes to change bikes every year or two then trade in value is certainly a consideration and buying a leftover may or may not be a good deal.  Keep in mind that if its a leftover that means it probably wasn't that popular.

Going back to the original question.  I have bought many new bikes.  Most of the time my OTD cost was well under MSRP because they were leftovers.  My two newest bikes were not leftovers.  My 2018 Like 150i was MSRP+tax.  My 2020 Kawasaki KLX250 was MSRP - $250 discount + Tax.  No fees.  Most dealers today charge fees but if you look around you can find some who don't.  Just don't fall into the trap of driving a thousand miles just to save a hundred bucks on the price.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2020, 06:38:14 PM »

So if you mean dealer added mark up as Freight/set up, then I would agree with you. If you mean a mark up above MSRP then I disagree. 

leomagnus

• Providence, RI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2020, 06:57:10 PM »
You could check out some leftover 2018 Kymco 400i Xciting models. You could probably get that out the door for about 5000. The Bike rides great after 2 seasons with no problems.

Dean
Rome, Italy
'97 Honda SH50
'98 Aprilia SR50
'01 Gilera Runner 180
'05 Honda SH150
I have minor knowledge on basic maintenance based of many conversations with scooter mechanics in Rome, Italy.

Warwick, RI, USA
'12 Kymco People GTi 300
'18 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS
'22 Kymco AK550 ABS

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()