Author Topic: Face mask  (Read 1184 times)

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Face mask
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2020, 01:50:30 PM »
Fewer people than usual have asked me questions at the state park. The black neck gator with shades apparently is a bit foreboding.
Become the best you can with what you have.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2020, 02:09:52 PM »
If anything good has come of this (some)  people are at least practicing better hygiene.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2020, 02:13:47 PM »
Fewer people than usual have asked me questions at the state park. The black neck gator with shades apparently is a bit foreboding.
Are you a volunteer or park ranger? I thought about volunteering as a host camper.

Ernst

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2020, 01:18:45 AM »
Sheeeets 
I saw on Amazon that if I can wait 2 weeks a big bundle of masks are $4.99 plus $5.00 shipping from China.
On down to my local Walgreens and the same "pack" is $39.00 plus tax.
I guess some folks are too poor to own masks. I can help just ask :)  /S
After I bought a pack I did re-budget my budget.

I'm feeling Punny...."Cough on to others as you want others to cough on to you!" Pandemicleas 3:27

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2020, 07:31:55 AM »
I purchased a Mission cooling neck gaiter multifunctional face & neck cover reusable and machine washable  for $20. The disposable mask were a box of 25 for $27.   

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2020, 12:46:25 PM »
Alabama now requires masks in all public buildings.  I just came back from a trip to the North Carolina Mountains.  NC also requires masks.  There is no doubt that if everyone wears a mask that it will reduce the spread of diseases.  It won't stop the spread of diseases and how much it reduces the spread is subject to debate. 

I just don't see what the big deal is about wearing a mask for a short time while in a building except for those with medical issues.

BTW, claiming medical issues won't always get you in a building.  That business can still keep you out as long as they have a way of serving you outside, for example bringing out your groceries.

I will be going to a scooter rally in NC in a couple of weeks.  We expect to have 30+ people there.  Everyone will have to have a mask for going into buildings.  We will try to keep 6 foot distance and wash our hands more.  I'll have hand sanitizer on my scooter.  Non of this is that hard to do and it greatly reduces the odds of catching the virus. 

While I agree that the media is biased and incompetent, those who think that this pandemic is just a media hoax are sticking their heads in the sand.  A bunch of people on another forum I am on have lost friends and relatives to this.  It's not a hoax to them.

Tasking precautions is not rocket science or hard to do.  I wear my mask in public buildings to protect others.  I try to maintain distance and wash my hands to protect myself.  What's so hard about this???

I don't see this any different from wearing my helmet and other riding gear when I ride. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 07:47:46 PM by klaviator »
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
wearing a mask is common sense
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2020, 02:00:35 PM »
If I can keep others from getting sick or dying, wearing a mask is a small price to pay.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2020, 02:07:02 PM »
See that nail?  On the head, right there TBR!

If anyone would like any further persuasion, give this demo a quick look:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6m9dckuzp4urrt/Mask%20of%20no%20mask.mov?dl=0

Good demo Neil. Thanks.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Ernst

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2020, 11:28:35 PM »
Well a 30 y/o said this before he died of Covid-19 after a great Covid-19 party. People say he did not find love that night.

In her statements to news organizations, Dr. Appleby said the man had told his nurse that he attended a Covid party. Just before he died, she said the patient told his nurse: “I think I made a mistake. I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not.”

I'm not ready to die or kill anyone... Are you?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2020, 03:43:42 PM »
Finally~! face masks are required for all customers where my daughter works!
Employees have been wearing them since Kohls reopened weeks ago, but most of the customers have not.

I haven't been in a store in months - wearing out (and tipping) carry-out youngsters and delivery drivers for groceries, food, essentials and dumb stuff.  UPS, Amazon, FedEx, doordash and mail carriers are our new best friends.

Other than the empty coffee shop I frequent at sunrise (spacing decals and a masked server) when masked or helmeted....I'm home, outside walking, riding or sitting in nature.

I may drive over to Walmart and watch the All-American entertainment now that masks are required …..have coffee and a donut in my Chevy F-150.
Stig

« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 04:19:09 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2020, 04:24:58 PM »
Good demo Neil. Thanks.

You're welcome Boo, kinda drives the point home I think.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2020, 09:23:41 AM »
1. I hate seatbelts
2. I hate helmets
3. I hate masks
But:
1. I care about ME
2. I care about OTHERS
So:
I wear helmets, seatbelts, and masks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2020, 10:45:16 AM »
1. I hate seatbelts
2. I hate helmets
3. I hate masks
But:
1. I care about ME
2. I care about OTHERS
So:
I wear helmets, seatbelts, and masks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hopefully one day this covid crap will be a distant bad memory, helmets and seat belts are here to stay.  I've worn a motorcycle helmet since I got my first bike at 8 years old so I don't even think about it, it's automatic.  Seat belts I'm bad about not wearing them in town but always did on the highway. Click it or ticket changed that. Face mask I can handle wearing one for a few minutes while I'm in a store.

The good news is several vaccines have been proven in trials and will be available before to long.  Unfortunately there will be a segment of the population that don't beleive in vaccines.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()