Author Topic: Hhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeelllpppp....please  (Read 1085 times)

souzamoto

• View Profile
Re: Hhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeelllpppp....please
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2020, 05:11:51 AM »
both those places were no help when I called  one even said what is that  a scooter  or something lol

Capitol Yamaha is a Kymco ATV dealer only and does not sell Kymco scooters
I have a hard time believing that scooter city was no help. They’ve been selling Kymco scooters for quite a few years. If you use the dealer locator on the Kymco USA site, you will find several dealers in the Bay Area that will gladly send you a belt.
Dealers I recommend- Barber Bros(scooter city) sacto, Sweco in Sutter, R&M in Concord, Powersports in Vallejo, Rockridge in Oakland, Kelindas in Santa Cruz area, Salinas Motorcycle in Salinas (they are hit or miss), Visalia ATV & mc in Visalia, Lets ride in Bakersfield

Mmmck

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2020, 04:52:30 AM »
So I got the belt  finally  n rod it home... it seem a lil jumping /shaky when stopping and going n takes off real slow.. almost like its wants to bog out or something...

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2020, 08:27:43 PM »
So I got the belt  finally  n rod it home... it seem a lil jumping /shaky when stopping and going n takes off real slow.. almost like its wants to bog out or something...

The friend of your family probably did not check everything. Did he remove the clutch Bell to check and clean the clutch pads ?
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

Mmmck

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2020, 11:45:15 PM »

The friend of your family probably did not check everything. Did he remove the clutch Bell to check and clean the clutch pads ?
i think he did  when I got there it was all off cause I had the new belt he had me help him put it back on but I know nothing about this kinda stuff

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2020, 08:05:43 AM »
Why not call a nearby Kymco dealer?
LOL! I think we've been here before: there are no "nearby Kymco dealers"!

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2020, 03:03:21 PM »
I think at this point any scooter shop would be able to look under your cvt cover to check / fix problems.  I'm realizing that these drive systems are almost universal (with the exception of some of the maxi scooters).

Surely you can find someone who can look at your scoot?
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Mmmck

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2020, 12:25:40 PM »
First  scooter ever n I'm already regretting  buying it .......😖

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2020, 02:05:59 PM »
Mmmck,  yes, easy to get frustrated when you don't understand how things work or how to fix them.  I would guess most on this board had no idea how a scooter drive system worked before buying their first scooter.

Best thing to do is get educated. Watch youtube videos on how to replace the belt, variator and clutch on a scooter. watch videos on cleaning scooter carbs, changing brake pads, etc. EVERYTHING you will need to know is somewhere on youtube!

Once you have a basic understanding of how these relatively simple systems work you are in a better position to diagnose and solve your problems.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 02:13:14 PM by Iahawk »
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2020, 03:27:41 PM »
Sage advice Hawk!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2020, 08:59:53 PM »
Honestly no reason for despair, just an opportunity for learning.
Unless you've done damage to the engine this is a drive train issue.

These drive trains are reasonably tough and fairly simple.  It's possible your friend made an innocent error in assembly..these are annoying but they happen, or something's just a bit out of whack.
Some possible causes off the top of my head...
- An improperly installed/reassembled belt replacment causing the CVT to stay further open than it should.  Basically like starting your car in second gear.
- Bad rollers.  This would cause things to not shift properly.
- Glazed clutch.  This might be clear-able by doing the bike against something solid, front brake on and rev routine (do NOT attempt this with ANYTHING vulnerable in front of ya. DO wear gear..if the bike gets away it can get way fast)

I'd order some fresh rollers if those weren't already replaced, and take it apart then reassemble carefully, probably manually de-glaze the clutch bell and pads (a little fine sandpaper or steel wool..)
Verify the pads have some meat on 'em, & reassemble paying careful mind to how it goes together.

I'd offer to help, but you're a long way from Seattle.

If there's something I can help you with remotely lemme know.  I've done that entire job on my S200, and of course my SYMs.  They're all basically the same with differences in the details.

First  scooter ever n I'm already regretting  buying it .......😖
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()