Author Topic: 81.25 MPG on my 2013 LIKE200iLX  (Read 462 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
81.25 MPG on my 2013 LIKE200iLX
« on: July 19, 2020, 02:31:54 PM »
Does this sound right to other Like200i owners?

I rarely check the mileage on my LIKE, which is in its 8th year of year around riding. It has been a few years since I checked, since I use a home gas can... filled with SHELL Nitro.
.Today, .filled up on the way home with premium ($3.03ppg) at a BP station to that bar again.
A touch over 81 miles per gallon.

16,787 odometer:
Recent valve check and new stock belt and stock clutch, 25/29 PSI in the Michelins, 3 yr old NGK Iridium plug, 14gm Dr Pulley sliders. Max top speed today was maybe 40mph....which is a bit faster than my usual run.

Was thinking again this morning, when pouring the beans to it on a steep uphill - that I really enjoy the "no flat-spots" acceleration of a EFI'd scooter.

Major Tom

« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 03:53:12 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

big blue

• View Profile
Re: 81.25 MPG on my 2013 LIKE200iLX
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 04:23:53 PM »
Yep about 75-80 mpg most of the time except when I do a lot of riding at 55-60 mph.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 01:06:31 PM »

Stig / Major Tom,  wow, you can't complain about mileage Like that (no pun intended)!

I've often wondered...how do you choose which scooter to ride each day (Like or Liberty) and what % of your riding time does each scoot get?
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 01:34:10 PM »
Stig / Major Tom,  wow, you can't complain about mileage Like that (no pun intended)!

I've often wondered...how do you choose which scooter to ride each day (Like or Liberty) and what % of your riding time does each scoot get?
The LIKE has been sharing 50/50 riding time with another scooter since July of 2014.
My one year old LIKE (with about 4,000 miles on it) was in & out of the dealer for warranty repairs. I finally told them to keep it until they got it sorted - and contacted regional Kymco customer service man and got  him on the case.

Without a scooter I was a sad sausage.
So I bought and started riding a new red Honda Forza.
Eventually dealer bought a Kymco diagnostic tool - which agreed with the one crossbolts loaned me - to prove that the TPS was broken.
They popped in a new throttle body (under warranty) and the LIKE has been sharing 50/50 ride time ever since with a Forza, then a Burgman , then the Liberty.

I DO use the LIKE exclusively for wet rides because of my trust in its Michelin tires. The Liberty came with Maxipads or something....

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 07:06:53 PM »
Eventually dealer bought a Kymco diagnostic tool - which agreed with the one crossbolts loaned me - to prove that the TPS was broken.

Which goes to show that it's impossible to maintain an EFI Kymco unless you have access to diagnostic tools.  Tell us: is your "dealer" a Kymco dealer or a Brand X dealer? This is REALLY IMPORTANT info for Kymco owners, but it's been like pulling teeth to get this info up front on this or any other forum.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 09:33:39 PM »
don't we use the term 'dealer' to refer to a place of business that sells and services new Kymcos?  Meaning a franchised dealer?

2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 09:38:28 PM »
Which goes to show that it's impossible to maintain an EFI Kymco unless you have access to diagnostic tools.  Tell us: is your "dealer" a Kymco dealer or a Brand X dealer? This is REALLY IMPORTANT info for Kymco owners, but it's been like pulling teeth to get this info up front on this or any other forum.
JJ, You tell us repeatedly of your antipathy (and your mates) for EFI Kymcos and/or Kymco dealers.

Perhaps we could put "this up front" for all perspective Kymco purchasers?

"Many Kymco owners enjoy their EFI'd Kymco - but there is a group who positively hate EFI - and would never own one! In order to decide for yourself what your experience is likely to be during your ownership - please read the many reviews."

Stig

"Was thinking again this morning, when pouring the beans to it on a steep uphill - that I really enjoy the "no flat-spots" acceleration of a EFI'd scooter."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 09:42:44 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 10:40:23 PM »
Well, NATURALLY I disagree! Har, har! But actually, Stig's Like was correctly diagnosed BEFORE the analyzer tool was applied. The tool merely confirmed both the on board code and interpretation of the symptoms plus a multimeter resistance test (I think..). The tool merely forced the dealer to support the brand and the warranty. This event and one other pretty well formed my very low opinion of dealers and their techs.
The diagnostic tool is really very limited in its capability and information delivery. Some of the genius over on ADVrider.com forum are starting to use android apps for OBDII  type systems like Kymco's and there are some adapter cords available. The app should tell more than the analyzer tool and will work with most phones and tablets.

And I may add, too, that I really love the EFI capability to compensate for:
1. Temperature
2. Density altitude
3. Octane variations
4. Throttle rate of change
5. Starting reliability (with no special combinations of throttle, choke and phase of moon requirements!)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 10:47:43 PM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()