Author Topic: Talking about taking a hit $  (Read 215 times)

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Talking about taking a hit $
« on: July 23, 2020, 08:12:36 PM »
Seen on CL Columbia MO a 2019 Tao Tao scooter for sale with 3 tenths of one mile for sale for $600. that did not run. A couple of months earlier there was a guy in Tulsa trying to dump a couple of Chinese scooters. Said he bought them from a dealer and they had issues and the selling dealer refused to work on them. Sometimes a bargin is just to expensive.

I could offer him one hundred for the scooter and get a inflatable Santa and use it for a Christmas display. LOL
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 08:17:07 PM by Kansas kymco »
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Talking about taking a hit $
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 08:30:55 PM »
I stopped to look at a super nice RED People S 250 @ $2,999 at a used car lot a couple of years ago. It had 8 miles on it.
I put mile #9 on it.
Made him an offer.....waited a year and made him another. My offers were flavored by my "don't really want a carb'ed scooter that bad"
No dice.
Apparently owner rode it home ...then stopped payments and his credit union re-po'd it.
Was told it went in an auction.
Really nice RED !

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Re: Talking about taking a hit $
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 09:14:03 PM »
I stopped to look at a super nice RED People S 250 @ $2,999 at a used car lot a couple of years ago. It had 8 miles on it.
I put mile #9 on it.
Made him an offer.....waited a year and made him another. My offers were flavored by my "don't really want a carb'ed scooter that bad"
No dice.
Apparently owner rode it home ...then stopped payments and his credit union re-po'd it.
Was told it went in an auction.
Really nice RED !

Stig
I like the People 250S but $1250-1500  would be more realistic.  Maybe a tad more for such low miles but not much.

Seen a GV on line with hardly any miles as part of a estate sale. They had a $3200. price tag on it. I offered $1250. and didn't get a response from them.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 09:38:56 PM by Kansas kymco »
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()