Author Topic: De-restricting Boss  (Read 7375 times)

Wil

• View Profile
Re: De-restricting Boss
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 02:17:27 PM »
From 28, to 45 in one day! V happy! thanks for help everyone!
Wil

omfgdotcodotuk

• fookin quick gilera ice 50/70cc malossified ish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 02:20:34 PM »
Whooooo Hooooooo well impressed,well done Wil,enjoy your new scoot bud ;D ;D ;D ;D ps post a couple of pics then we can have a look at her ;)
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly ;)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 09:52:36 PM »
From 28, to 45 in one day! V happy! thanks for help everyone!
Wil

..awesome Wil!..

..we luvs them success stories!!!

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

tom g

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 12:20:44 AM »
hi i live in the england ive got a 50cc agility rs i know like nothing about peds but going 30mph is getting on my nerves and i dn want to have to pay expensive garage prices i know that there is sometimes a washer in the exhaust but i would like to know what i need to do to totally derestrict my ped i have just joined and dont know hw to post my own question so i put it on here lol please help  :)

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 12:38:35 AM »
I not sure about the rs model, but on the regular agility the main restrictions are the drive boss and the rev limiter on the cdi.

Assuming things are similar on the rs, you need to get a derestricted boss and cut the cdi as the first step. 

Once that is done, you can then look into the exhaust and upjetting the carb and even going with a free flow air filter if you want to really get the speeds up.

There is lots of information and even pictures on the forum about derestricting the boss and cutting the cdi - just use the search function at the top of the page.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2010, 12:42:54 AM »
go to the seach bar at the top of the fourm and typ in restricting boss and that should help you out.
and allso cdi box you may have to cut it.

tom g

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2010, 01:12:56 AM »
ok thanks because everyone i know just thinks you have to take the washer out the exhaust but i dont want to do that and just f*** it up

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2010, 01:19:30 AM »
Again, I'm not familiar with the agility rs, but it doesn't look that different from the agility 50 except for the bigger tires.

If it is anything like the regular agility 50, the washer in the exhaust is not your biggest issue for derestricting.

tom g

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2010, 01:25:47 AM »
oh like i didnt know you had to cut any wires and whats a boss im new to this stuff haha also how much do you reccon this will ost in totall

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2010, 01:28:20 AM »
It's all stuff you can do yourself.

Cutting the wire is free.

Changing the boss - you'll have to find a derestricted boss, not sure how much that costs where you are, but the local dealer should be able to sell you one fairly cheap.  After that, it's no big deal to open up the cvt case and swap it out.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2010, 01:33:11 AM »
Here's a link to a site that shows you how to do the derestriction on the Kymco - should be applicable to your scoot assuming the cdi is the same as the regular agility 50.

http://www.scootertherapy.com/bosspage.html

tom g

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2010, 01:35:58 AM »
nice and i heard that a mate cut one of his wires and he was driving it and all his indcators and lights cut out and he was on a round about at the time is that from trying to derestrict it or something els because i dont want that to happen i know some people who are good with bike but maily like 600 should i get them to do all the cutting and stuff just incase?

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2010, 01:38:18 AM »
Doing the cutting isn't the problem.  It' s knowing what to cut that's the problem.

On the regular cdi, you cut into the body of the cdi itself and you can't really mess it up.  Check out the link I just posted

Not sure if you're going to have to deal with a different situation though.

tom g

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2010, 01:43:44 AM »
yeah i just looked at the site it will be a big help i jus need to learn more about the parts before i try anything good job i looked up this forum before just having a go haha. im gonna have to go sleep now its like 2am but ill be sure to ask if i have any problems thanks for your help :)

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2010, 01:44:21 AM »
Hi, tom g and welcome to the forum. Don't cut your CDI just yet!

I did a search and came across this topic here...

http://kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=1324.msg6792#msg6792

We don't want you to mess up your scoot! Would it be possible for you to take a pic of your CDI and post it for us to look at and maybe tell us the Part # listed on the CDI. It might help.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()