Author Topic: New owner of a used 2015 Kymco 450 UXV  (Read 1066 times)

FiremanLGWI

• View Profile
New owner of a used 2015 Kymco 450 UXV
« on: August 13, 2020, 11:36:37 AM »
Where is the best place to get a manual for the 450 UXV?  I just bought a used 2015 with about 360 hours on it.  I want to check the belts and other items.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: New owner of a used 2015 Kymco 450 UXV
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 02:29:52 PM »
Most owners manuals are a free download from Kymco. Service manuals at cyclepedia.com.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

FiremanLGWI

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 02:47:28 PM »
Thank you for your reply.  Do you know where the best place is to get parts?  Do the parts from an Arctic Cat prowler 500 (2017) fir these?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 07:01:12 PM »
Try the sticky info on the first page of General, I think for parts. Unless this is a wreck or in a basket(s) you should not need much in parts besides consumables. Farkles, yes but they are all everywhere. I think there is exact parts compatibility to Arctic Cat but AC prices are way more. Others on this forum way ahead of me on this so review many/all posts for the model.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 07:19:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum, I have a 2015 also and have been very happy with it.  I have only needed a few parts like a spare belt and replacing the plastic skid plates.  If you go to Kymco USA website you should find a parts microfish for your year and model.  Use this for part numbers and it will also tell you the dealer price so you will know if a dealer is gouging you.  My dealer is in Stryker Ohio and has gotten me all the parts I have needed without issues!!  I have both online and hardcopy of the service manual thru " Cyclepedia",  many part numbers are in there also.  You do need the actual factory part numbers to order parts. My machine is 5yrs old with around 2k miles with no issues.  It gets used for everything from yard work, snow plowing 300 plus ft of driveway, trail riding on both mich and ohio trails thru the summer.  I do keep up with all the maintenence and run full syn lubes thru out.  Good luck

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 11:08:57 PM »
the plastic skid plates are almost as consumable as tires, they work well, but eventually tear. then you hafta back up, and they peel open like a sardine can.                         

I beat the crap outa mine, a work horse, towing a backhoe, skidding logs (gotta get an arch) my work sled with a half ton or more in it. after 5 years of it, in shop now, waiting for ball joints
RandyO
IBA#9560

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 11:34:18 PM »
Welcome to the forum, I have a 2015 also and have been very happy with it.  I have only needed a few parts like a spare belt and replacing the plastic skid plates.  If you go to Kymco USA website you should find a parts microfish for your year and model.  Use this for part numbers and it will also tell you the dealer price so you will know if a dealer is gouging you.  My dealer is in Stryker Ohio and has gotten me all the parts I have needed without issues!!  I have both online and hardcopy of the service manual thru " Cyclepedia",  many part numbers are in there also.  You do need the actual factory part numbers to order parts. My machine is 5yrs old with around 2k miles with no issues.  It gets used for everything from yard work, snow plowing 300 plus ft of driveway, trail riding on both mich and ohio trails thru the summer.  I do keep up with all the maintenence and run full syn lubes thru out.  Good luck

Please tell me where on the Kymco USA site you are seeing the link to the consumer microfiche

FiremanLGWI

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 11:25:55 AM »
I reached out to Kymcousa.com due to no links on their website for information.  They sent me a .pdf of the owners manual and sent me a link to buy the service manual from cyclepedia for $50.  Bought this 2015 used with 2750 miles and 356 hours.  Has a plow, winch, wind shield, hard top, and back glass.  So far seems like a nice unit except it seems a little loud in the cab and the heat coming up from in back of the seats seems a little warm.  Seat has a tear so I'm looking for a newer seat or maybe just a seat cover. The maintenance history is unknown since the person I bought it off of said it was their Fathers unit and he passed away.  Due to this I am looking at doing all the fluids and a belt.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 04:27:52 PM »
Good idea, I would recomend using full synthetic fluids all over. I use Rotella T6 5w40 in the engine and valvoline syn 75-140 diff lube and change it every year.  Filters are availiable on ebay that are oem.  Becarefull if you cross reference, these have some different threads and some dont match even though the chart says they do.  If you remove the sq cover on oil change, watch that skinny o ring, they get damaged real easy!!!   Keep us posted

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()