Author Topic: yeager valve adjust  (Read 13202 times)

fshfindr

• View Profile
Re: yeager valve adjust
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 11:49:22 PM »
Are you guys super strict about doing this every 4000 km? I've been extending this interval a bit... :-\
How was it the last time you checked them.  If they stay the same and do not need adjusting, I would extend the interval.  But if each time they are checked you need to adjust them, then don't extend it, contract it.  I'll have them checked at the 600 mile service.  Go Phils.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

nplenzick

• View Profile
    • Nick Plenzick Enterprises.com
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 08:53:54 PM »
Did my 600 mile maintenance at 633 miles. Valves were ever so slightly loose. Pretty easy to do. Everything else looked good. Changed oil, cleaned screen, replace filter. Just a word about changing the filter, the spring that puts tension on the filter is kind of a pain to keep center when putting the filter cap back on. Just a very little dab of grease on the filter where the spring centers, keeps it there until you get the cap is on. Changed gear oil. Nothing unusual, and pretty easy for the do it yourself to do.  Not use to working on tiny motors like this, didn't know they could make a timing chain that small! It really is a jewel of a motor though.       

bikz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 03:26:09 AM »
Hi guys,

I am a bit nervous since it is my first time adjusting valves. I've looked at the Like 200i vid on youtube, but I was hoping someone here might have a video for the valve adjustment on the Yager 200i.

Thank you!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 04:23:58 AM »

This one? It's a perfect video. that is the way it's done.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bikz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 11:33:14 AM »
yep that's the one!...thought it was very good.  I wanted to see a yager 200i vid so I don't break any body panel tabs(I'm not even sure what panels have to come off for this) and I take apart the right things.  Body panels that clip into place (like in the Like 200i vid) if you don't try to pop them off in the right direction they will break and I want to keep my scoot PERFECT!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 04:09:41 PM »
There is only one thing to say... It's just a scooter. They do get broken. Duct tape, and zip ties are good enough for the space shuttle guys. :D
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2014, 11:21:23 AM »
yep that's the one!...thought it was very good.  I wanted to see a yager 200i vid so I don't break any body panel tabs(I'm not even sure what panels have to come off for this) and I take apart the right things.  Body panels that clip into place (like in the Like 200i vid) if you don't try to pop them off in the right direction they will break and I want to keep my scoot PERFECT!

it is scary doing this the first time to your perfect scooter. Maybe work up to it.....start by taking off the underseat bucket. Have a look in there at you engine and at the back side of the panels you would need to remove. Study the clips, if it is a warm day, or the engine has warmed the panels, try unclipping them. If it is the first time, might be a little tight. Take your time...if you can get them off with your fingers or with the help of a butter knife...great!! If not, no harm done...now that you have been in there..you have gained good experience. Wait a few days, and try it again. No rush, it is your scoot!!  Watch a few valve jobs on various scooters on youtube...zilllions of them there in all languages! Gain confidence by watching the procedure. Those panels are not so tough...just study them and try a few ways. You will get the hang of it!!
Keep asking questions when you have them...we have all been where you are at.
Regards, Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Yager200i

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2014, 04:35:39 PM »
This is Iker's procedure, expanded with additional info, Yager 200i specific:
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=3672.msg42320#msg42320

Look for the 12 Apr 2011 post.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2014, 06:24:00 PM »
Good man Yager! 8)

bikz

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2014, 03:53:51 PM »
OK I am in the middle of adjusting them , but I'm wondering if somethings wrong I checked them and they are:

Intake: is less than .038mm (Smallest guage I had...would not fit)

Exhaust: .064mm

Could this be right...thought they get loose as you ride, not tighter?

bikz

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2014, 03:59:40 PM »
What happens if valves are too tight?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2014, 04:31:58 PM »
What happens if valves are too tight?
OK, slow down....are you at topdead center? For certain?
Got the big hole at right angles to the edge, and 2 small holes on each side right on the edge of the lip of the metal?
Or did you find the TDC mark on the R side by the fan?
Was there slight movement in both before you started? You should have slight movement in both before you start, or you need to rotate 360 again. Looking for 0.10mm
Are you are working with MM, or inches. .0039 INCHES (we use .004) is the same measurement as .10 MM . Sounds like you might have a feeler gauge in INCHES....which is OK!

So if so, use your .004 in. feeler blade. Then report back.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

bikz

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2014, 05:28:57 PM »
I resized my pics and they are not posting ....any ideas?

bikz

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2014, 05:56:20 PM »

bikz

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2014, 06:03:58 PM »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()