Author Topic: This lockdown thing is bothering my pleasure/long distance riding  (Read 407 times)

john grinsel

• View Profile

This virus thing has taken my pleasure riding away---I use my scooter daily for transportation but that is really not real pleasure riding for me.

My wife has me semi-locked down and feeding me over priced (and sometimes expired food from Whole Foods, and Earth Market) I have tried to explain to her that I made it to 81 eating the way I want to....not the crap these Yuppie places are pushing.   She took me to a Yuppie Hamburger place for lunch---$33 for 2 hamburgers, 2 orders of fries, flat coke for me and tap water for her. Food was not that great---hopefully never again for me.  She wanted to live in Chattanooga....not me! ever!

May this fall will get ride in to Pikes Peak/Kans/maybe some rurall SD and NB.  One needs some fun in life!

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
This lockdown thing is bothering my pleasure/long distance riding
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 05:59:10 PM »
Hear hear John!

... on all counts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 06:00:54 PM by Neil955i »
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: This lockdown thing is bothering my pleasure/long distance riding
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 10:00:18 PM »
Why are you locked down? The rest of the country is moving about. Interstate 40 density is nearly the same as before this latest nonsense started. I am right behind you at 79 and ride honeydo's all the time. Grandson is driving flatbed all over the country. Load up and go before winter.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 10:15:18 PM »
I cancelled my plans to go out west this year and the first few months were pretty slow but the last few months have been nearly back to normal.  I expect to end up with around 13-16,000 miles for the year. 

I had 30 people from a bunch of states show up in Maggie Valley for the scooter rally I set up there earlier this month. 

I have been going up into Tennessee on a lot of rides lately and there is almost no sign that there is a pandemic there.  Restaurants are open and almost no one wearing masks..... anywhere.  This is out in the country, it may be different in big cities.  Anyway, I don't see any reason to not get out and ride.  Long distance rides to certain places, like Canada, can't be done right now but there are plenty of nice places to ride here in the Southeast.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 11:44:36 PM »
Just got back from a 2400 mile trip yesterday. Will be on the road for another 9 hr trip this week.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 11:55:08 AM »
Oooh no. A global pandemic affecting millions and killing hundreds of thousands is stopping me from riding my motorbike.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 11:58:15 AM »
First world issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 12:08:03 PM »
First world issues?

;)

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2020, 05:14:04 AM »
Nobody has ever got the virus from riding a motorcycle!  It's the helmet that saves you.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()