Author Topic: I'd like to support local auto dealer....  (Read 655 times)

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Re: I'd like to support local auto dealer....
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2020, 04:09:03 PM »
Scary isn't it KK, the list price over here for the wife's old bus is £80K and rising!  We won't ever be buying new - not that we ever did!!
That's nuts that would be 106K US. Last new truck I purchased was in 2004 for 43K. New trucks now are around 80K which is more then what I paid for my first house.

I have bought a collection of Kymco's for less then what one new BMW would sell for.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2020, 08:17:21 PM »
My brother took his newish car (a Volvo I think) to Autozone to have the battery checked: the kid removed the battery and when he reinstalled it the alarm wouldn't shut off, the radio was inoperative and the car had to be towed to the dealer. 

I just hope my '89 Camry four banger lasts as long as me...no airbag to smash my face, no alarm, easy access to battery, plugs and oil filter. What with the computerized new cars and "smart" phones I feel very dumb indeed. But if you have a Model A Ford that needs the brakes adjusted I'm your man!

many european cars have codes, my son's BMW needed a pair of new batteries (it has 2 in the trunk) but luckily, the previous owner wrote the codes in the owners manual
RandyO
IBA#9560

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2020, 09:16:02 AM »
My brother took his newish car (a Volvo I think) to Autozone to have the battery checked: the kid removed the battery and when he reinstalled it the alarm wouldn't shut off, the radio was inoperative and the car had to be towed to the dealer. 

I just hope my '89 Camry four banger lasts as long as me...no airbag to smash my face, no alarm, easy access to battery, plugs and oil filter. What with the computerized new cars and "smart" phones I feel very dumb indeed. But if you have a Model A Ford that needs the brakes adjusted I'm your man!

I'm still driving my other half's 2001 Toyota and it's on that sweet spot where there's a little electronics (I am a fan of airbags) but not too much. It's knocking like hell but shows no sign of dying yet, or none more than it did 2 years ago.
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()