Author Topic: Former KYMCO USA Technician  (Read 5347 times)

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
Re: Former KYMCO USA Technician
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2021, 04:14:17 AM »
Ah, yes.  Beg pardon.  You asked about changing the CDI before telling us you don't have a CDI.  I should have noticed!

Frankwallace2003

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2021, 05:57:22 PM »
I have a 2013 kymco 50cc scooter, what type of stator and cdi does this scooter have? Book says its ac stator but there is no black/yellow wire on the wireing harnest to cdi from the stator. I bought this scooter resale.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2021, 04:47:57 PM »
I have a 2013 kymco 50cc scooter, what type of stator and cdi does this scooter have? Book says its ac stator but there is no black/yellow wire on the wireing harnest to cdi from the stator. I bought this scooter resale.

What model Kymco scooter do you have? 

Frankwallace2003

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2021, 06:25:22 PM »
Its  a 2014 kymco agility 50 4t/ agility 2014 125.  Thats what the vin code reads. I guess the 2014 125 means that the vin is for a 125 also.

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2021, 09:50:04 PM »
I did a quick search of this website.  Most references to Agility 50 CDI talk about it being DC.  You might do the search as well and see what you find.  Also, this topic would be better served down on the "Agility 50" section.  Do you need a stator and a CDI?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2021, 01:09:32 AM »
We will likely be closing this topic soon to prevent confusion to members who are seeking technical info from a 'former Kymco USA technician' - queries to which the OP has been inactive for nearly 2 months.

Members questions will be better served when placed in the always active - Technical / How To section.
Stig
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 01:12:28 AM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2021, 02:16:51 AM »
Quite sad. I have asked at least three questions to this mechanic at the time he was still active because I thought answers  could easily help to clear some common issues on specific scooters. Without blaming him - he never bothered to answer my questions while he was still active.

I saw this happened on other forums as well. Mechanics join forums with a big “hoo-haa” but after a couple of tricky questions simply disappear. I could be wrong but I always get the impression they do not have answers for questions about all different models on the market - therefore they eventually disappear.
Maybe very obvious - I don’t think they ever get detailed training on all models, therefore it is obvious that they will not know everything.
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

Frankwallace2003

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2021, 02:43:31 AM »
It turned out is is a dc system I got it running thanks guys.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()