Author Topic: Andy and Tosh's Excellent Adventure on P150  (Read 754 times)

Dibber

• View Profile
Andy and Tosh's Excellent Adventure on P150
« on: October 10, 2010, 10:05:20 PM »
My Son and his Lady Friend, bought a 2010 People 150 in June and in September riding two up with saddle bags, suitcase, sleeping bags, and tent; they rode it from Central Minnesota to San Francisco, CA.  They averaged 50 mph to not beat the scooter.  They crossed the Rockys in Colorado at 10500 feet only able to do 35mph max.  They had to buy a one gallon gas can to cross Nevada driving down the Extraterrestrial Highway.  It took 7 days (2 days in Mitchell, SD due to heavy rains that actually flooded two small Minnesota town the following days.  He said southern Utah was absolutely beautiful and fun to ride.  Nevada was hot and boring.  Not sure if they have feelings in the butts yet, but are very happy to be in SF and were very pleased at how well their little scooter ran.

pedro

Re: Andy and Tosh's Excellent Adventure on P150
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 10:26:43 PM »
That'd be a fun ride.  I'm a little too old for a ride like that.  How many gallons of gas did they use?

Dibber

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 12:39:10 AM »
Not sure how much money was spent on gas or how many gallons.  Hopefully he will tell me soon and I will post it.  I made a similar trip in my youth with a Suzuki 500 Titan motorcycle.  Do it today...you bet I would.  His biggest problem was finding camp grounds that weren't miles down gravel roads as he road on smaller highways or state highways.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 12:50:36 AM »
Wow! What an awesome trip! It's a shame about the scarce campgrounds, though. I bet they were tired after that week. Sounds like something I would have loved to have done a few years back. I probably wouldn't do it now without being able to afford a hotel each night.  :D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()