Author Topic: My new 2020 UXV 450i LE Prime  (Read 958 times)

bondo478

• View Profile
My new 2020 UXV 450i LE Prime
« on: December 05, 2020, 02:18:54 AM »
I've been waiting a while for it to come in,  but finally got the call from my dealer this week to come pick it up! I hadn't seen one in person,  but wanted a small UTV to get around my hunting property which is mostly thicker woods,  working around the house,  and some light trail riding with my son.  I decided on the Prime because I knew would want the roof and windshield anyway,  and I liked the having the grill guard and bumper. The Elka shocks seemed like they might be a nice upgrade too.  I was very pleasantly surprised when I showed up and saw it,  and even more when I drove it.  I haven't driven it too much yet,  but it drives great and the shocks make for a fantastic ride! I was surprised to see a box in the bed with 4 stock shocks in it. Apparently they're shipped to the dealer with those on it and get changed out when they put it together, so the dealer gives them to the customer.  Waiting for the plow to come in and see if it fits with the grill guard.  All in all,  I'm very happy with my new toy and can't wait to get more time on it!

airshot

• View Profile
Re: My new 2020 UXV 450i LE Prime
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 03:34:25 AM »
Awesome looking....hope you like your machine as much as I do mine !!    If you decide you want to sell those extra stock shocks let me know as I have a couple that are leaking.

bondo478

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 04:29:14 AM »
Thank you airshot! I'm really having fun with it.  My first UTV, have always just had quads. Thank you for all the help on my plow post too.   I'll be hanging on to them for now just in case,  but you'll be the first to know if I decide I don't need them!

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 05:15:48 PM »
Yes I was also a quad owner for many years and thought they were great.  Wife wanted to ride along rather than drive her own so we started looking at utv's.  The rest is history as you will soon find out, there is so much more you can do with your SxS that is easier than your quad ever was.  When it comes time to plow the extra weight of the SxS will move more snow easier!  And you can have a friend along as well, afterall you need someone to change the angle on the plow for you....lol....
The grandkids thought that was a fun thing to do, but then the got smart and wanted to do the driving!!   Do keep us posted on the fun your gonna have.....

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 01:44:37 AM »
Looks good. I miss my 450 in a way sometimes. Been in pioneer 500 since 2018. I enjoy it a lot. But there’s been times I miss the ol kymco. The new improvements look great on them. One thing on my old 2015 model was the hood latch an tailgate storage latch they were difficult to get to stay in place. Did they address those on the newer units? 

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 02:56:45 AM »
Gotta agree on the poor hood latch system but my tailgate storage latch has not been an issue.  The notchy shifter has been and always will be a learning experience. I could never give up the dump box on the rear, have way to much stuff to haul....
Almost 2500 miles over 5 yrs with 0 issues, cant complain!!

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 02:55:44 PM »
They are great machines! You will not regret your purchase. I am not much of a fan of the stock Kymco roof or windshield, but I am sure they will serve their purpose for you. Again, congratulations and enjoy!
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2021, 08:09:46 PM »
OMG, and you had to choose that Seattle Blue Color? You must be from the Northwest? I told Kymco "You're never gonna sell that color in Nor Cal"!!
Seriously though, She a good look'in rig!
CJS

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 04:44:36 PM »
They are great machines! You will not regret your purchase. I am not much of a fan of the stock Kymco roof or windshield, but I am sure they will serve their purpose for you. Again, congratulations and enjoy!

I am a fan of the factory roof, they work very well and much stronger than they appear.  Mine has rolled twice with only acratches on it, neighbor has a metal roof, that thing is loud when stones or other debris hit it!  The oem roof is tall, way to tall, but sure is nice in the rain....would never have a one pc windshield again, my fold down is so much nicer, after he has his nachine for a while he may want to conside cutting it in half, and installing a ss piano hinge to make the upper half fold down. In o0 degree sumner heat that breeze will feel great!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()