Author Topic: P250 body panel pieces - Wine/Red color - Vintage style  (Read 4612 times)

TechGuy

• View Profile
P250 body panel pieces - Wine/Red color - Vintage style
« on: October 13, 2010, 06:07:13 AM »
Anyone have any spare body parts?  Some idiot decided it would be fun to dump my bike over. The front cover area took to worst of it but I have other panels with damage.  I need them in the wine/red color.  

PM with details or send email guy (remove) harrison at  gmail d o t com

Rianna

• View Profile
Re: P250 body panel pieces - Wine/Red color - Vintage style
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »
OH, Man. I'm sorry to hear about your scoot, TechGuy. I hope someone has some parts that can help you out!

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 06:17:47 PM »
Thanks Rianna...

the rest of the story...

My wife and I went to the Sacramento Kings and Oakland Warrior Pre-Season game last night. It was our first trip together. She had never really expressed a ton of interest in riding 2-up and I didn't have the gear for her. She started expressing interest so over the past few months, I found good, used gear so I finally had the gear and opportunity. We had a nice time. We stopped for dinner before the game and you could not have taken the smile off my face. We rode to the arena and we parked in our normal area near the arena parking in a surrounding business park with several other season ticket holders. We enjoyed a win and walked back out to the bike. As we got close we saw the bike was on its side. I had parked in a regular car spot where you could not back a car into it without hitting another car first.

Some hooligans from the opposing team (we saw them) had decided that a scooter in the parking lot needed to be dumped over to pay for their team's loss. I guess. It was up on the center stand as I always use it. The bike was dumped on the right side onto what was existing damage from a dump that occurred at the mechanic shop last month (working with the shop on that one). This is all occurring on panels that had existing damage from the previous owner and was there from when I bought the bike. This new damage was worse than any other and most forceful and included damage to rear side of the front fairing and right mirror mount (un-investigated at this time).

I am looking at new panels too, I am just looking at all options and some dealers read these forums and have "new old stock" from special orders that customers flake on.

olbull

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 12:16:43 PM »
There are some on ebay....Pricing seems close to new
2007 P250

If  your  not the lead dog the  scenery never  changes

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 07:19:09 PM »
There are some on ebay....Pricing seems close to new

I saw those pieces...of crap.  Those panels are gouged and scratched and priced at nearly nearly the price as new... and they want $18. shipping for a piece of damaged plastic. NO THANKS!

Here is one of them:

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 05:12:29 PM »
Hi, TechGuy, I saw an ad on Craigslist today for scooter parts and thought I'd pass it on. They listed various brands and Kymco was one of them. I went to their website and it showed some pics of panels. They have an online contact form and a phone number on their website. I have no idea what their prices are like, but if they have what you need I hope they are better than that eBay one. And I hope your 2nd time out with your wife on the scoot ends nicer than the first one did. :)

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcy/2007256247.html
http://anythingscooters.com/Home.php

Also you can check for scooter parts here:

http://motorcycle.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=mcy&fil=parts&itm=scooter&state=&ps=&pe=&ys=&ye=&submit=+GO+

Good luck.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 05:17:10 PM by Rianna »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 03:15:06 AM »
Here is one of them

..dang...looks like one of mine...

..I AIN"T SELLIN' NOTHING!!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 02:18:54 PM »
Let's put it this way... my side panels look better than that and I am replacing them.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 01:08:32 AM »
Hey, TechGuy, did you ever get your panels replaced?

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 07:29:38 PM »
NOPE... still look like sh*t. I need to call that guy.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 01:18:48 AM »
Oh Wow, I'm sorry to hear it. You must stay really busy. I hope he has something for you. If I come across anything else I'll let you know.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 09:34:16 PM »
Hi, TechGuy. I didn't see much good today at that other link I gave ya when I looked so I tried a search for plastic. It's 9 pages long instead of 2 or 3. Here's the link:

http://motorcycle.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=mcy&fil=plastic&itm=&state=&ps=&pe=&ys=&ye=&so=d&submit=+GO+

You can also change the selection at the top of the page to search just your state or area. Good Luck.

P250Fanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 12:02:17 AM »
http://www.dalkawa.com/OEMpartfinder.htm
Here is where I order all my parts.  I've recently ordered break pads and a new muffler with no issues.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()