Author Topic: MPH or KPH  (Read 475 times)

docjones

• View Profile
MPH or KPH
« on: December 17, 2020, 04:36:37 PM »
 Does the speedo for a 2015 200i read in MPH or KPH?  It looks like it's MPH but the owner says it's KPH.  The odometer reads 3160. He states that it is KPH and therefore only has 1963 miles on it. I'm pretty sure he is wrong because at the bottom of the speedo it reads MPH in big letters.
09 Agility 125

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: MPH or KPH
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 04:45:48 PM »
MPH at bottom = he is wrong....
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 05:34:42 PM »
What country are you in Doc?
Does he have a funny accent?
Is he really grumpy about the lousy KPG he's been getting?
He probably believes what he's saying.

If you're in the U.S.A. - it is miles not k-pops.
I know exactly how far it is to my coffee village - it has registered the same on 4 different scooters, including my LIKE200i.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

docjones

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 02:34:43 PM »
Thanks guys. That is what I thought. This thing only has 3160 miles on it and that's nothing for a Kymco. My wife and I both had Agility 125 with no problems for two years and about 8000 miles. Great scooters. We both currently have SilverWings but I want something to kick around the neighborhood on. Anything I should look for in a 2015 Like 200i. I've read some of the post here under the 200i. Looks like Major Tom has a lot of answers. Thanks Major.
09 Agility 125

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 03:32:54 PM »
Thanks guys. That is what I thought. This thing only has 3160 miles on it and that's nothing for a Kymco. My wife and I both had Agility 125 with no problems for two years and about 8000 miles. Great scooters. We both currently have SilverWings but I want something to kick around the neighborhood on. Anything I should look for in a 2015 Like 200i. I've read some of the post here under the 200i. Looks like Major Tom has a lot of answers. Thanks Major.
According to my teenager - I've plenty of answers - but few correct ones.
I don't think there is anything to "look out for" with your LIKE.
Some find the stock Kenda tires to be .....well, about what you'd expect from an inexpensive Chinese tire.
Some like to raise the PSI in the tires - I prefer to keep my teeth's fillings in place so I run stock pressures.
And some taller riders have an issue with the mid-seat ridge caused by the plastic seat-pan beneath the padding.

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()