Author Topic: Is there a seat trick?  (Read 2047 times)

nfitch

• View Profile
Is there a seat trick?
« on: January 02, 2021, 10:44:12 PM »
Hi,

I have a new to me 2013 Kymco People 300. For the life of me, I can’t figure out how to open the seat.
I have the manual and have read it and reread it trying to clarify how to open the seat.
Is there a trick?
Every once and a while it will open with ease, like I got the trick. Most of the time, however, when I try to open the seat - no luck.
Today was very frustrating when I was trying to get gas at the station and had several people waiting for me in line :(
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thank you!

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a seat trick?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 04:29:55 AM »
how do you normally open the seat? Is it ignition key operated? (on my S200 you insert the ignition key in the ignition and turn it counter clockwise, which operated a cable to open the seat).
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

nfitch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 12:12:55 AM »
Hi, my scooter is similar to your scoot. With the key in the ignition the it shows that I should go counter clockwise for two “clicks”. I can only get it to one “click” going counter clockwise and this it won’t open.
I know there’s got to be a simple way to open it. I have opened the seat one time and on that one occasion it simply let me do the two counter clockwise “clicks”. Just that one time, my dream came true and I was able to easily open the seat.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 12:46:38 AM »
Have you tried pushing firmly down over the seat's latch while doing the key turn thing?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

nfitch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 01:36:55 AM »
Honestly, no I haven’t. Will try that tomorrow and keep y’all posted. Thank you :)

nfitch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 01:45:54 AM »
I couldn’t wait. I tried Stig’s idea and it worked like a charm. Thank you so much!!!! Never would’ve thought of pressing down on the back of the seat will turning the key counter clockwise. How in the world did you figure that out????
Stig, you are awesome. Thank you so much. I will now be able to gas in my scooter :)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 02:05:57 AM »
'Cause he's a fracking genius! He looks for horses when he hears hoofbeats! Not zebras! Har, har! He be the real deal!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 11:29:42 AM »
I couldn’t wait. I tried Stig’s idea and it worked like a charm. Thank you so much!!!! Never would’ve thought of pressing down on the back of the seat will turning the key counter clockwise. How in the world did you figure that out????
Stig, you are awesome. Thank you so much. I will now be able to gas in my scooter :)
Now you've got the seat up, recommend you grease the mechanism and oil the cable by way of preventative maintenance!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 06:50:56 PM »
Now you've got the seat up, recommend you grease the mechanism and oil the cable by way of preventative maintenance!
Oh....that kinda stuff will take the excitement out of gas station stops. I don't recommend!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

nfitch

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2021, 08:18:40 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation, no more excitement needed at the gas station!

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2021, 09:29:38 AM »
I agree Nfitch, but you'll get to know Stig, he lives life on the edge.  As befits a man who leaves for his morning coffee at 0522 hrs when all decent God-fearing folk are still sending up the Zzzzz

;)
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()