Author Topic: Mr.Pulley/TechPülley Sliders and Rollers Company Update  (Read 754 times)

Ruffus

• View Profile
Mr.Pulley/TechPülley Sliders and Rollers Company Update
« on: January 12, 2021, 09:55:51 AM »
Dear forum members/readers/contributors.
I do not want to open a general discussion, just see it as an information.
@Stig, if l knock some forum rules please delete relevant sections of this script.

After l bought some gliders and rollers from the german main distributor of "Perfomance gliders and rollers" for my LIKE 200i and wrote about my MALOSSI variator within this forum, @Stig hinted that, TechPulley and Mr.Pulley is not Dr.Pulley.
So l wrote an email to this shop in Germany asked about what and how this different brandnames are related to each other and got  that:

"Hello Ruffus,
thats a little difficult.

The owner of TechPulley (May be different writings) Alex Wu is the son of Paul Wu, owner of Dr.Pulley.

Alex is the engineer who made the shape of SR rolls and HIT clutches.

2 years ago, Alex wanted to improve the SR rolls, but as I heard, his father did not want. So Alex left the fathers company to make his own business.

Under TechPulley brand he produces the improved FR rolls and the improved TPX clutches. His father seems to be very angry about this. Distributors, who sell TechPulley, were banned, he did not sell any Dr.Pulley products to them anymore.
Mr. Pulley is the company name from our European import company.

Additional: After changing the material of Dr.Pulley SR rolls from the high quality yellow Nylon to the new black plastic, we did not want to distribute this rolls.
 Best regards
Dirk Dies...."

Importeur für TechPulley und Dr.Pulley Produkte
distributor for TechPulley and Dr.Pulley
Forum:      www.drpulley.info/forum
Shop:        www.drpulley.info/shop
email: admin@drpulley.info

Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Mr.Pulley/TechPülley Sliders and Rollers Company Update
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 11:36:27 AM »
This jives with what I heard.
Tech Pulley was made by person who helped to design the original Dr Pulley.

Sorry it lead to familial discord.
(After reading similar posts referencing Germany in various scooter forums - am I correct in concluding that Germany is the scooter go-to country for parts and expertise in Europe?)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 12:37:57 PM »
@Stig txs so much, but...
Please replace my original post with following text, 'cause the shopowner ask me to do.

Hello Ruffus,
The owner of TechPulley (May be different writings) Alex Wu is the son of Paul Wu, owner of Dr.Pulley.

Alex is the engineer who made the shape of SR rolls and HIT clutches. He is co-owner of the patents

2 years ago, Alex wanted to improve the SR rolls, but as one heard, his father did not want. So Alex left the fathers company to make his own business.

Under TechPulley brand he produces the improved FR rolls and the improved TPX clutches. His father seems to be very angry about this. Distributors, who sell TechPulley, were banned, he did not sell any Dr.Pulley products to them anymore.

Mr. Pulley is the company name from the European import company. 
Additional: After changing the material of Dr.Pulley SR rolls from the high quality yellow Nylon to the new black plastic, some distributors don`t want to distribute this rolls.

Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 02:09:49 PM »
This is actually really common in the Chinese motorcycle/scooter industry.

Perhaps another famous example is Jianshe and Tianda - the former the big one, the latter a split-off after the son went solo. Not a lot of difference between them, but one makes Yamaha YB125s for the UK, the other supplies a chunk of the Lexmoto range. Almost no cross-compatibility, though!

I remember when I first had the weird rollers. My Like200 used to fly after what appeared to be the end of the range. Actually, I think I'll order a set next month for the Melody and see if I can squeeze a tiny bit more gearing out of it :0

The Germans aren't really massively in to scooters, but they are fantastically good at selling a good catalogue of products.

Italy is probably the place to get the best accessories.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 02:13:24 PM by Viper254 »
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 07:41:43 PM »
Interesting.
I just installed some new black DPs in my SYM after running ~10k miles or so on the old nylon DPs.
The 10k nylons showed a bit of wear but were having no issues, and I probably could have put them back in and run them another 10k; although I suspect they'd be shot by then.
DP states the black ones wear better, so I saved the old ones to compare 'em when i get around to pulling the new ones.

...Additional: After changing the material of Dr.Pulley SR rolls from the high quality yellow Nylon to the new black plastic, we did not want to distribute this rolls.
 Best regards
Dirk Dies...."
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()