Author Topic: PLEASE HELP!!!  (Read 790 times)

kymco911

• View Profile
PLEASE HELP!!!
« on: January 14, 2021, 03:37:53 PM »
so im new to forms but im at my wits end now and i dont know what to do i got a kymco off a buddy of mine replaced everything!!!!!!!as much as i dont want to give up on her idk what els to do or turn its a 2006 kymco agility 10800 miles ik alot of miles so lets start by when i got it i was told she sat for 4 years and the guy couldnt get it started now as for someone who worked on alot of scooter never a kymco but found out hey its a gy6 engine anyway same thing as always what a saprise i was in for so drain tank replce lines find that the harness was riped and hacked together so i order another harness relise no starter put a start no battery so i just been testing it on a battery starter that can jump and start anything and use it on all the bikes iv worked on now i get a dc cdi i compression test comes back at 160psi and im amazed so i say to myself this thing is gona have no problems starting up and she didnt but when she did she strugled then sounded liked something blew up in the crank and it did the hole crank shaft and piston was cracked and yes i changed oil and gear oil and spark plug to correct one so i order a big bore wich i planed on doing but maybe not this soon but has no choice now so i rip her appart replace with new crank gaskets oil filter piston rings adjusted valves to specs also forgot to mechin i cleaned the carb tryed about 4 diffrent carbs that i know also work and she fire sounds good but now when u give her gas she dies and sounds ruff i replaced exhaust brakes even tryed to run it with belt off the clutch still same result i tryed messing with and and fuel mix nothing takeing gas cap off nothing adjusting needle in carb nothing tryed turning off chock to bike nothing let it sit there and idle for 5 mins nothing tryed turning off the jumper to the bike that i use to start the bike runs the same still hit trottle she tryed no filter to cone filter still nothing everything is working on bike lights horn blinkers compression with big bore was 175 to 180 i just ordered another cdi incase that one is bad what should my carbs jets? ik these carbs ran fine on other big bored scooters iv cleaned them and tryed up jeting from what was in there down jeting any ideas im so lost dont know what to try next  :'(

kymco911

• View Profile
Re: PLEASE HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 03:43:57 PM »
i also looked at variators and there 5.4g to 5.5 i dont know what im doing wrong or am missing she dosnt seem to wana die while at idle just when i give it gas it seems like its backfiring or stututering befor it dies

kymco911

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 03:46:12 PM »
i also tryed replaceing spark plug wire with 3 diffrent ones replaceing spark plug

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 03:49:53 PM »
so im new to forms but im at my wits end now and i dont know what to do i got a kymco off a buddy of mine replaced everything!!!!!!!as much as i dont want to give up on her idk what els to do or turn its a 2006 kymco agility 10800 miles ik alot of miles so lets start by when i got it i was told she sat for 4 years and the guy couldnt get it started now as for someone who worked on alot of scooter never a kymco but found out hey its a gy6 engine anyway same thing as always what a saprise i was in for so drain tank replce lines find that the harness was riped and hacked together so i order another harness relise no starter put a start no battery so i just been testing it on a battery starter that can jump and start anything and use it on all the bikes iv worked on now i get a dc cdi i compression test comes back at 160psi and im amazed so i say to myself this thing is gona have no problems starting up and she didnt but when she did she strugled then sounded liked something blew up in the crank and it did the hole crank shaft and piston was cracked and yes i changed oil and gear oil and spark plug to correct one so i order a big bore wich i planed on doing but maybe not this soon but has no choice now so i rip her appart replace with new crank gaskets oil filter piston rings adjusted valves to specs also forgot to mechin i cleaned the carb tryed about 4 diffrent carbs that i know also work and she fire sounds good but now when u give her gas she dies and sounds ruff i replaced exhaust brakes even tryed to run it with belt off the clutch still same result i tryed messing with and and fuel mix nothing takeing gas cap off nothing adjusting needle in carb nothing tryed turning off chock to bike nothing let it sit there and idle for 5 mins nothing tryed turning off the jumper to the bike that i use to start the bike runs the same still hit trottle she tryed no filter to cone filter still nothing everything is working on bike lights horn blinkers compression with big bore was 175 to 180 i just ordered another cdi incase that one is bad what should my carbs jets? ik these carbs ran fine on other big bored scooters iv cleaned them and tryed up jeting from what was in there down jeting any ideas im so lost dont know what to try next  :'(

That is a long sentence. 

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 05:38:36 PM »
Yes, please help us read what you're asking by using sentences, paragraphs and punctuation.

I'm sure you don't mean it to be a chore to help you.....

Stig
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 09:05:45 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 07:29:44 PM »
I think it just makes it easier to give advice if a problem is described in short, and actions being undertook already to solve the problem get described in short.
Just remember - members who try to help often need to consider what has been done already to solve the problem. That means initial comments usually get read over and over again.

Without being negative - I got completely lost after reading less than halfway through your initial comments.
I hope my comments will not put you off completely. We all do things differently.
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 01:29:56 PM »
yeah...ouch....punctuation!...can't read....hurts eyes....
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2021, 02:12:27 PM »
yeah...ouch....punctuation!...can't read....hurts eyes....
Can only agree.  Keep txt speak for texts only!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 10:16:21 PM »
take it to your Kymco dealer--- bike is 14 years old...may not be worth spending any money on.  Check for blocked muffler/exhaust system.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 11:13:58 PM »
take it to your Kymco dealer--- bike is 14 years old...may not be worth spending any money on.  Check for blocked muffler/exhaust system.
John not everyone has the income to pay shop labor rates. When I was young I learned a lot by fixing things myself.  Walter Chrysler worked for the railroad and saved his money to buy his first car. As soon as he got the car he dismantled it to see how everything worked and then reassembled it. I can't fault a young persons quest for knowledge.  I wish I had some helpful advise.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

stupiddad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2021, 12:24:56 PM »
If you haven't done this already here is a check worth doing.
get a clean container and remove the fuel feed pipe, let it run for about 30 seconds.
If you have a bit of crap near the tap or filter the fuel will run less or stop altogether. Doesn't take long and its free.
I once had a bead in the delivery pipe after painting the tank, idled fine but wouldn't rev.
No time left to waste.
Make every day count/

Sullivaz7

• View Profile
Re: This Is A Long Sentence.
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2021, 11:12:23 AM »
This is a long sentence.
   ;D

I had to log in just to agree with this statement.  :D

Besides the run-on sentence, hope you get the scoot to run-on faith! Cause that looks like your only option left.

Sullivaz7

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()