Author Topic: GOT TO LOVE TRAFFIC  (Read 3137 times)

CONLEY

• View Profile
GOT TO LOVE TRAFFIC
« on: October 15, 2010, 12:32:44 PM »
SO WE HAVE A REN FEST DOWN HERE MADE TRAFFIC BACKED UP FOR MILES AND IM LUCKY ENOUGH TO LIVE ONLY A COUPLE MILES AWAY BUT NO PROBLEM FOR THE SCOOT JUST PISSED OFF ALOT OF PEOPLE THEY WERE CUSSIN ME OUT HONKING TRYIN TO BLOCK ME AND RUN ME OVER

GOOD TIMES LOL

pedro

Re: GOT TO LOVE TRAFFIC
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 12:46:36 PM »
Just be careful, Thats not legal in my state.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 01:00:29 PM »
In Taiwan scooters routinely skip through traffic to the front. In fact in most inner city streets have scooter lanes and special "scooter boxes" ahead of the cars at intersections. I think its a great idea. I know I move a lot faster than most cars in heavy traffic. Especially downtown.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

CONLEY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 01:59:22 PM »
IN THE STATE OF MARYLAND IF THERES A SHOULDER THATS WHERE WE HAVE TO BE

IF NOT WE HAVE TO BE TO THE RIGHT OF THE LANE

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 10:58:11 PM »
The whole point of having a little 50cc is that you can squeeze by long lines of cars stuck in traffic.  On the way home today I squeezed between a police cruiser (parked on the side with lights on and the officer sitting inside the car) and a bus and cruised to the front of the line. 

Light turned green and I was outta there.  Everyone at the back of the line had to wait for several more light cycles to get out.

Felt like a badass!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 12:09:53 AM »
Felt like a badass!

...lmao...we all do!!!!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 12:10:07 AM »
in michigan if a car is to close to a scoot you can get a ticket not sure what the space is
but scoots have to stay farther away from cars and trucks that gos for motor cycles too
but that laws not watched to good around here.cars have to give us extra space. and if they pass in the same lane ouch big ticket that I seen happen befor and they got a ticket.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 01:44:07 AM »
I should clarify that I was passing by cars that were stopped waiting for a light to change.  I would never try something like that when traffic was moving.

The only time I tend to do that is on the way out of the metro station.  It is a double lane road but there are no lines - and hence no official lanes. 

Usually I don't do stuff like that when a law enforcement officer is around, but it was Friday and there was a cold beer calling my name at home.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 01:22:35 PM »
I think that most of you civilized and traffic-tamed guys from USA should spend some time in Italian city during rush hour.  ::) ;D :D

---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

ScottNicol

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 04:51:02 PM »
Ha! I cut about 100 cars out in traffic the other day.

Very nice feeling! I bet the people in the cars were annoyed!

tomheet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 09:04:22 PM »
cars have to give us extra space. and if they pass in the same lane ouch big ticket that I seen happen befor and they got a ticket.

some fool passed me with about 2' clearance, when he could have slid over (there was NO opposing traffic) I chased him down, and bitched him out. Instaed,  I should have reached out and punched his SUV while he passed, maybe causing him to think he hit me, and inducing a pile of brown in his jeans!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 12:38:40 AM »
I should have reached out and punched his SUV while he passed

..you just don't know how many times i wish i had done that....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 12:39:47 AM »
cars have to give us extra space. and if they pass in the same lane ouch big ticket that I seen happen befor and they got a ticket.

some fool passed me with about 2' clearance, when he could have slid over (there was NO opposing traffic) I chased him down, and bitched him out. Instaed,  I should have reached out and punched his SUV while he passed, maybe causing him to think he hit me, and inducing a pile of brown in his jeans!
lol brown in jeans dont go to good together. that was almost me today whiped out on 44 th steet today no damge but there good of been darn geese crossing the road over by the mall I pulled over and hit the front brakes to hard on wet grass. then the scoot went down .

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 01:08:48 AM »
dang geese. "Don't they know we have an agreement" :D lol

Glad you and your scoot are alright blue
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 02:18:29 AM by Peters »
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 01:45:19 AM »
Never had any encounters with geese while on the scoot...mostly squirrels.

Good thing everything ended well - you may need to get some dual purpose scooter tires if you're gonna be off roading like that!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()