Author Topic: Getting the Covid vaccine ...Feb, 2021  (Read 1307 times)

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: Getting the Covid vaccine ...Feb, 2021
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2021, 07:49:52 PM »
@scooterfan, (pls see att. Statement)

Merck Statement on Ivermectin use During the COVID-
19 Pandemic

February 4, 2021 11:45 am EST
KENILWORTH, N.J., Feb. 4, 2021 – Merck (NYSE: MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, today affirmed its position regarding use of ivermectin during the COVID-19 pandemic. Company scientists continue to carefully examine the findings of all available and emerging studies of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 for evidence of efficacy and safety. It is important to note that, to-date, our analysis has identified:

No scientific basis for a potential therapeutic effect against COVID-19 from pre-clinical studies; 

No meaningful evidence for clinical activity or clinical efficacy in patients with COVID-19 disease, and; 

A concerning lack of safety data in the majority of studies.

We do not believe that the data available support the safety and efficacy of ivermectin beyond the doses and populations indicated in the regulatory agency-approved prescribing information.
Indications and Usage for STROMECTOL® (ivermectin)
Ivermectin is approved in the United States under the brand name STROMECTOL. STROMECTOL is indicated for the treatment of intestinal (i.e., nondisseminated) strongyloidiasis due to the nematode parasite Strongyloides stercoralis and for the treatment of onchocerciasis due to the nematode parasite Onchocerca volvulus.
STROMECTOL has no activity against adult Onchocerca volvulus parasites.
SELECTED SAFETY INFORMATION FOR STROMECTOL® (ivermectin)
Contraindications
STROMECTOL is contraindicated in patients who are hypersensitive to any component of this product.
Warnings and Precautions
Patients treated with STROMECTOL for onchocerciasis may experience cutaneous and/or systemic reactions of varying severity (the Mazzotti reaction) and ophthalmological reactions.
After treatment with microfilaricidal drugs, patients with hyperreactive onchodermatitis (sowda) may be more likely than others to experience severe adverse reactions, especially edema and aggravation of onchodermatitis.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2021, 09:08:53 PM »
Ivermectin is the EXACT stuff we have started. Must beveffective because not only was there a big sign on the locked cabinet containing this very medication saying NOT FOR HUMAN USE but got a big lecture and 20 questions from the clerk. Of course Merck or any other pharma is going to pooh-pooh this since THEY were the ones who got hydroxychloroquine banned.

Personally, I care not what Merck says...
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

mousejunks

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2021, 09:33:07 PM »
Ivermectin is also used for scabies infestation in cats and dogs and crusted scabies in humans. Its relative abamectin is used in roach bait and plant pesticides.

In summary ivermectin is an insecticide and parasiticide. It doesn't have any antiviral activity. It might have an unknown effect on symptoms, but there are ethical considerations when giving unproven drugs to seriously ill patients. If they die, who is to blame?
'09 Kymco Espresso 150i
'11 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS - 79,500km
'17 Kymco Downtown 350i ABS

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2021, 12:39:29 AM »
We (wife and I) are using Ivermectin. We are not recommending anyone else taking it. We have had several in the community perish and several hospitalized after the first covid shot. Warfarin is a prescription blood thinner. It is also rat poison.

Consider this like a car tire on a motorcycle or scooter: I have one on my scoot and I really don't care if you put one on yours. Or not.

Har, har!
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2021, 03:34:18 PM »
Some 300+ killed by Covid in my small county.
You can see the ages  here.

According to today's paper, enough of my fellow citizens are calling for an appointment that they "blew up" the County Health Dept's phone system yesterday. I managed to get an appt. last week by going on-line, early.  Not every senior has, or is adept at computers.

My wife works at the city's only hospital. I asked her to let me know when they have a fatality related to the any of the 3 vaccines.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2021, 05:27:11 PM »
I’ll take my chances with the vaccine thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2021, 04:39:28 AM »
@ Ruffus
Thanks for the attached statement. In our country many people started using Ivermectin. Our goverment actually put a ban on it but recently lost a court case filed by a local Civil pressure group. So the ban has been released and Ivermectin can only be prescribed by medical doctors. Many local doctors prescribed Ivermectin anyway, although other doctors refuse to prescribe it to the public.
I am a member of a large local group who share their personal experience with Ivermectin. For what it’s worth - there are many good reports and many people beleive they, a family member, friend, or somebody they know survived simply because they started using Ivermectin. So I decided to get hold of the stuff as well.

@Crossbolt
I also got hold of the “not for human use” stuff. Very difficult to get hold of due to the huge demand by the public.
I initially though I would only start using it whenever I get Covid symtoms, but I saw some people at our local group mentioned that their sinus and athma problems have disappeared since they started using Ivermectin. I have a similar problem, so I decided to give it a go as well. Took the first dosis five days ago, and the next three days afterwards. So far so good - the sinus problem is much better and the lungs are clear. This could be pure co-incidence, but it seems to work. I started thinking I will use the stuff more often.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 04:41:50 AM by scooterfan »
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2021, 11:52:56 AM »
@scooterfan,
thank you so much for your input and direct view of experience in this all over very emotional seen matter. I would appreciate to see how this goes further, particularely your personal experience.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2021, 12:42:51 PM »
@ Ruffus
Thanks for the attached statement. In our country many people started using Ivermectin. Our goverment actually put a ban on it but recently lost a court case filed by a local Civil pressure group. So the ban has been released and Ivermectin can only be prescribed by medical doctors. Many local doctors prescribed Ivermectin anyway, although other doctors refuse to prescribe it to the public.
I am a member of a large local group who share their personal experience with Ivermectin. For what it’s worth - there are many good reports and many people beleive they, a family member, friend, or somebody they know survived simply because they started using Ivermectin. So I decided to get hold of the stuff as well.

@Crossbolt
I also got hold of the “not for human use” stuff. Very difficult to get hold of due to the huge demand by the public.
I initially though I would only start using it whenever I get Covid symtoms, but I saw some people at our local group mentioned that their sinus and athma problems have disappeared since they started using Ivermectin. I have a similar problem, so I decided to give it a go as well. Took the first dosis five days ago, and the next three days afterwards. So far so good - the sinus problem is much better and the lungs are clear. This could be pure co-incidence, but it seems to work. I started thinking I will use the stuff more often.
Rule 39: No such thing as "coincidence." Gibbs says so.
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2021, 01:48:09 PM »
@ Ruffus

No problem, I will.
If you are on Facebook you can also join or view the group “Ivermectin & Zoono” - a South African group focussed on the use of Ivermectin.
Unfortunately the discussions are mainly in Afrikaans, my home language. I am not sure, maybe you will be able to translate to English.
I am not sure about the Zoono product, I think more investigation is needed.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 03:00:45 PM by scooterfan »
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2021, 09:14:28 AM »
I plan on getting the vaccine ASAP. The deaths and serious complications among people in my demographic (African Americans) seem to exceed the deaths in the general population. In addition, I have an underlying condition (type 2 diabetes). And I personally knew 3 people slightly younger than I am (56) who’ve died, even more when I include friends of friends and older people. To be fair, I also knew several who’ve had mild symptoms, no symptoms, and severe symptoms. . On my job , we’ve had 3 cases.  One was very mild. The other moderate. They re now back at work.  But  one person was hospitalized. I don’t know if she’s out or if she’s still there. It’s been 3 weeks now. So I’m concerned now.

A church member and her sister took the vaccine.  One took the Pfizer. One took the other one. My 89 year old mother took the first dose. No bad reactions in either case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2021, 10:58:26 AM »
@Forbes1964,
thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Our/my family is (un)fortunately spread all over Europe. Our comms are now enhanced in this subject for most of us are nearing (old) age. My sister and kids/grandchildren in Austria did not have any loss to mourn. Also our nices/grandnices in Denmark were spared of such an issue. We have a lot of family in south of Europe, which are now pretty mature (older than 70). All of them where tested positiv but had only very light symtoms. Here vaccinating for people older than 65 years of age is postponed.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2021, 03:30:41 PM »
I plan on getting the vaccine ASAP. The deaths and serious complications among people in my demographic (African Americans) seem to exceed the deaths in the general population. In addition, I have an underlying condition (type 2 diabetes). And I personally knew 3 people slightly younger than I am (56) who’ve died, even more when I include friends of friends and older people. To be fair, I also knew several who’ve had mild symptoms, no symptoms, and severe symptoms. . On my job , we’ve had 3 cases.  One was very mild. The other moderate. They re now back at work.  But  one person was hospitalized. I don’t know if she’s out or if she’s still there. It’s been 3 weeks now. So I’m concerned now.

A church member and her sister took the vaccine.  One took the Pfizer. One took the other one. My 89 year old mother took the first dose. No bad reactions in either case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm with you Forbes1964.  In fact I had my Astra Zeneca vaccine this afternoon even though other than age, I have no real comorbities.  I know of 2 deaths in my age band (late 60's) who died after contracting Covid-19 and my wife and daughter had been begging me to get my shot at the earliest opportunity, so I did.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2021, 10:26:53 AM »
Yes, it's been carnage with COVID deaths in the UK.

I'm glad some of you are getting your vaccines. I'm in the lowest-risk group, so will probably around September at this rate.
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2021, 01:02:22 PM »
Yes, it's been carnage with COVID deaths in the UK.

I'm glad some of you are getting your vaccines. I'm in the lowest-risk group, so will probably around September at this rate.
Vipe - let's hope it won't be that long for your vaccination.
also.....is there a story for us here?!! Honda C70C (red, 1983, fire damaged 2020) If not - well - make something up! (with a car chase through London, riding down stairways, reversing against traffic, etc.!)

Keep safe....
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()