Author Topic: A farming question....  (Read 298 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
A farming question....
« on: March 02, 2021, 06:56:21 PM »
What is this thing on the fence post?
I asked these guys - but they said, "Only Brian knows."

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

souzamoto

• View Profile
Re: A farming question....
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 08:39:10 PM »
Power box/transformer for the electric fence. I have one on our place hooked up to 3 miles of hotwire. Touch the wire and you get lit up!
Strange though, I don't see a 110 plug in attached to it for power. Also, I'm surprised it just sitting up on the post so that everyone can see. Likely to be stolen, they are worth about $75. BTW, those are Angus Cross Heifers (female) calves. These we would call "Baldies" due to the white on the face
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 08:45:58 PM by souzamoto »

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 09:21:28 PM »
Power box/transformer for the electric fence. I have one on our place hooked up to 3 miles of hotwire. Touch the wire and you get lit up!
Strange though, I don't see a 110 plug in attached to it for power. Also, I'm surprised it just sitting up on the post so that everyone can see. Likely to be stolen, they are worth about $75. BTW, those are Angus Cross Heifers (female) calves. These we would call "Baldies" due to the white on the face

I've been looking into putting up an electric fence around my beehives, we lost a hive to a bear, a few years ago, I don't have to power much wire, but bears need a couple joules to deter them, I've been looking at battery & solar powered controllers, but will probably end up getting some direct bury cable & rub an AC unit
RandyO
IBA#9560

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 09:35:17 AM »
We could try to find Brian to get an ultimate answer.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()