Author Topic: car and new scooter  (Read 413 times)

john grinsel

• View Profile
car and new scooter
« on: March 06, 2021, 09:23:07 PM »
About a month ago I bought a new car that had everything I wanted---5 speed, crank windows, good fuel mileage (42 total average so far), lots of service/breakdown facilities, reg gas!   $14,500 total out the door in GA---Chatanooga dealers ad $600.00 "doc fee", that I will not pay, so car was bought in GA----so far car=good, shifting you have to pay attention---all young girls should have to drive only this way/fat ladies/old farts---to be smooth you have to pay attention and work on technique.  Car is Chevy spark, silver. really Daewoo and nice quality---book needs to be well read to take advantage/use all the electronic features.  Heater/AC fine/engine 1500cc 4, very flexible, would work well in Seoul Taxi/spare tire and jack, too.

Next new bike, maybe Kymco Super 8 2021 150cc--should work for what I need and be fun/simple---even though quoted price is low, should cost $2900 out the door in GA..I have windshield (slipstreamer) in junk box that should work, rear wing appears to be able to accept my small Dalem box--this plus small safe gas bottle(standard tank 1.3 us gallons)---spare drive belt, a couple of exhaust gaskets--tool kit built up, caution with OEM tires at first and I should be ready to go.  Full coverage insurance (if I take it) is about same price as my XTown 300i---  (about $140 a year)may just take liability.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: car and new scooter
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 09:35:48 PM »
Karl, isn't that the model of car you had some experience with?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

scooter freak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 01:27:41 AM »
Just my 2  cents, I ended up getting the like 200 for 100.00 more and like it. just a suggestion that's all. have fun in your search

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 02:03:43 AM »
Karl, isn't that the model of car you had some experience with?
Stig
Yes, it is! Mine was three-speed automatic with metal belt CVT. The head gasket started leaking and dealer would not honor the warranty so I gave him his car back! No more GM's for me!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 09:04:29 AM »
Always quite liked the look of the Super 8...
Sure it’ll do you well John.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 01:47:38 PM »
I have a couple of the Super 8's that have the large wheels, last year before redesign and smaller wheels.  Did you look at the new People 150 with the larger wheels?

Didn't even make it through spring being without a scooter, lol. Congratulations on your new ride.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()