Author Topic: Fully Vaccinated~! Now what?  (Read 1524 times)

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
Re: Fully Vaccinated~! Now what?
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2021, 03:34:30 PM »
I was able to get my wife and I on the waiting list but there are a huge number of people ahead of us.  No telling when we will get it but I expect it will be late April or May.  At least the process here is very well organized.  When It's your turn they call you and give you an appointment.  Typically people show up, fill out some paperwork, get their shot and wait for 15 minutes and are out the door about 30 minutes after they arrived.  No long lines or other nightmares I have read about in so many places. 

Our governor is letting the mask mandate expire on 9 April but that doesn't prevent stores or local governments from doing it.  To be honest I don't think it will make much difference.  Here in the city I think most people will still be wearing masks in public buildings for a while.  Out in the country many people have been ignoring the mask rules anyway.  I'll wear mine where required or when it makes sense.  If I go into a place out in the country where no one else is wearing a mask it's pretty pointless to wear one myself.  I just try to maintain some distance.

I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2021, 05:38:34 PM »
Klav, please wear your mask. ...even out in the boonies when near others. . Won't make you bullet proof - but any precaution is better than zip! especially since you've not been vaccinated yet.
My county has it all very smooth...frankly the best rodeo I've ever seen from any government agency 😊
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2021, 10:03:20 PM »
Finally stage 5 so now everyone qualifies for being vaccinated .  Will make my appointment tomorrow.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2021, 01:01:39 AM »
Just lost a childhood friend to covid. Big dude, 71yrs old and healthy as an ox, until last month.
Sent condolences to his brother - who was my brother's best friend.
We've each lost brothers recently - my brother to shingles, his to covid.
There are vaccines for both now, folks.
My very young daughter and son getting vaccinated in 2 days. She got him in a headlock - so he's going.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2021, 01:29:56 AM »
My appointment is Thursday.  It looks like the new surge is affecting children as well.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2021, 06:24:38 AM »

We've each lost brothers recently - my brother to shingles, his to covid.

Both are viruses.  Add flu to the virus mix, and the risk is huge for anyone over 70.  Now here's the bonus for young people: under 50s are hardly affected by COVID at all, but over 70 is in an extremely high risk danger zone!  The real winner is the over-70 who survived COVID because he's now immune for at least a year (according to CDC), even more so than those who were vaccinated. Teenagers?  They don't even notice if they're infected.  God-bless them!!
How do I know? Been there, done it.  We who survived, we've been made stronger!

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2021, 12:48:33 PM »
I get my 2nd shot on Thursday...can't wait!
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2021, 01:56:28 PM »
Was given my second shot of the Pfizer vaccine a few weeks ago. I'm just into the high risk but around here it's still hard to get any appointments for anyone who qualifies. Even though my Dr says they cannot set up an appointment he did give me a phone number to call at the clinic to give me one and that's the only way it happened. No side effects that I can recall. Or is loss of memory one of the side effects?

Lots of misinformation still about the before and after of getting the vaccine, just like there continues to be for the virus itself. Too many politicians trying to sound important giving out their own version of information just to seem like they're important. I'd rather listen to the CDC or medical authority since this is, after all, a medical issue and not a political one.

"Oh, did you hear, there's an active shooter at the mall right now so stay away!"
"Nah, there are so many ways to die in life I think I'll go shopping anyway. Nobody is going to tell me not to go buy that new cell phone at the mall!"
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2021, 02:59:13 PM »
My county has vaccines waiting for customers.
Doing walk-ins....going to schools.....no waiting for appointments.
 While waiting for my daughter and son to get their 2nd the other day - I was pleased to see so many youngsters going in for theirs. A few older folks....but mostly younger people.
Stig

« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 03:00:55 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2021, 03:21:06 AM »
My county has vaccines waiting for customers.
Doing walk-ins....going to schools.....no waiting for appointments.
 While waiting for my daughter and son to get their 2nd the other day - I was pleased to see so many youngsters going in for theirs. A few older folks....but mostly younger people.
Stig
With all due respect, it's the older folks who need the vaccine.  For youngsters, they don't even notice one way or the other. You (and I) are the ones at risk. We're the ones who need to get back on two wheels ASAP! Not the youngsters.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 04:02:20 AM by JJJoseph »

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2021, 12:58:12 PM »
I agree that it's the older people who really need the vax...I think what Stig is saying is that the rollout has gone so well in some places that there is no waiting list or shortage...so the vax is open to everyone. That's why the younger people are now getting their shots. The challenge with many areas around here is convincing everyone who needs the shot to get it.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2021, 02:21:23 PM »
Interesting reading - the groups who are not coming for the vaccinations. Interesting, too, their current and previous affiliations.
That's why I'm encouraged at the sight of so many youngsters getting vaccinated.
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2021, 07:58:24 AM »
Interesting reading - the groups who are not coming for the vaccinations. Interesting, too, their current and previous affiliations.
That's why I'm encouraged at the sight of so many youngsters getting vaccinated.
Stig

If I get your drift Tom, it’s interesting because here in the UK the “vaccine hesitancy” is defined more along ethnicity differentiators! The Govt & media has had a real job on to convince some ethnic groupings together vaccinated - and that despite these self same groups statistically suffering disproportionately in terms of Covid fatality rates!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()