Author Topic: BANDO and "Vino Vecchio Italiano"  (Read 402 times)

Ruffus

• View Profile
BANDO and "Vino Vecchio Italiano"
« on: March 17, 2021, 06:39:29 PM »
Dear whateverscootriders,
I swear this is a true story which I experienced today.
Not a heard, told or liars club tale...
Happened really today to me!!

Yesterday on my ride home from groceries I thought it would be a good idea to stop by a scootershop and ask whether they would have a OEM V-belt for my LIKE 200i on stock.
Of course they had, and after putting €50,- on the desk it was mine.
Came home, prepared dinner and out of curiosity took those belt in my hand.
Didn't trust my eyes. I got a belt manufacture year 2015!
 OK, for going back there it was too late, so I postponed for today. Went there around noon and told the guy to exchange the mature belt against at least a juvenile.
 After short hesitation ( he seemed not to be used to such an request) he went and brought me a belt manu. date 2018, which I denied too.  "Want my money back, I said". "Not possible, only a voucher", he said. "Ok, let me talk to your boss".
Boss came, listened to our both arguments, and after a few troath-clearings, said:
"You know what, with scooterbelts it's like with italian wine, the older they get the better they become."

Well, I could not hold of laughing, but brought my argument, if he would buy as a customer tyres for his car, would he be happy to pay the full price for a six year old set of tyres?
Finally I got my €50,- back and ordered at another company.
You see, there is always something to laugh.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: BANDO and "Vino Vecchio Italiano"
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 07:09:34 PM »
Laughing, he claimed, as he slid the weapon silently into its holster with imperceptible movements. Mr. Ridiculous was unaware of how close he had been to his demise by passing such a pantload...
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 08:33:13 PM »
Dear whateverscootriders,
I swear this is a true story which I experienced today.
Not a heard, told or liars club tale...
Happened really today to me!!

Yesterday on my ride home from groceries I thought it would be a good idea to stop by a scootershop and ask whether they would have a OEM V-belt for my LIKE 200i on stock.
Of course they had, and after putting €50,- on the desk it was mine.
Came home, prepared dinner and out of curiosity took those belt in my hand.
Didn't trust my eyes. I got a belt manufacture year 2015!
 OK, for going back there it was too late, so I postponed for today. Went there around noon and told the guy to exchange the mature belt against at least a juvenile.
 After short hesitation ( he seemed not to be used to such an request) he went and brought me a belt manu. date 2018, which I denied too.  "Want my money back, I said". "Not possible, only a voucher", he said. "Ok, let me talk to your boss".
Boss came, listened to our both arguments, and after a few troath-clearings, said:
"You know what, with scooterbelts it's like with italian wine, the older they get the better they become."

Well, I could not hold of laughing, but brought my argument, if he would buy as a customer tyres for his car, would he be happy to pay the full price for a six year old set of tyres?
Finally I got my €50,- back and ordered at another company.
You see, there is always something to laugh.
What I find irritating is the fact he thought you were naive enough to believe his line of BS. I've run into a few people in life like him.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 08:08:41 AM »
Laughing, he claimed, as he slid the weapon silently into its holster with imperceptible movements. Mr. Ridiculous was unaware of how close he had been to his demise by passing such a pantload...

You crack me up Karl.  Giving Stig a run for his money!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: BANDO and "Vino Vecchio Italiano"= FOLLOW UP=
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 07:04:51 PM »
Got a brandnew "BANDO" drivebelt today, Made in Japan, at least there is hope...
..and was even €7,- less expensive than at this "winery". 😉  (pls see pics)
Dimensions are: 820x20x10mm, 30°.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()