Author Topic: Technical question  (Read 349 times)

Renos

• View Profile
Technical question
« on: March 22, 2021, 10:31:06 AM »
Hello everyone, :)

I recently got a Kymco Dink 200i / 2008 Model. I am wondering if you can give me some help. Always after driving between 10-40km the hose coming down from the Air Filter Box to the ground is filling up with Oil. And i realize the Engine Oil level goes down. Have to say no smoke or so is coming from the Exhaust Muffler. Is it a normal such waste?
Also I saw the Hose coming from the AIC Valve upwards to the Injection Intake is cut off. At the Injection Air Intake is a blocked piece of Hose. Whats the reason to block that?
Thanks for any supportive reply and Help.
regards Renos ;)

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
Re: Technical question
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 09:12:26 AM »
This question appeared earlier and I answered it there.  But I can't remember under which heading it was.  Any, it's not a big deal.  Look for my answer wherever it is.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 10:54:43 AM »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 11:12:00 AM »
@Renos,
as JJJoseph says, this liqui-oily stuff down there in your vertical hose with the plug in it is, mostly condensate from your "motor breathing", and is an emulsion of water and lipoids. Sucking in a lot of fresh air for combustion means (amount depends on your environment) a lot of moisture which  partially comes back via those tubes from valve cover and from your gearbox too.
The reason for his blocked one might be, that Kymco uses this airfilter box for other models with an different setup too.
Changing from mineralic motoroil to a good syntetic one brought in some cases a minimizing of oil consumption.
Recently read in some other tread and another forum too, that, if you overfill your gear, it might lead to increased oil assambly in this pipe.
So, do NOT fill your gear oil  until that upper filler screw but follow your owners manual, which says in most cases of smaller scoots an amount 180 ml gear oil.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 10:56:34 AM by Ruffus »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()