Author Topic: Kymco Dink 200i oil consumption ?  (Read 995 times)

Renos

• View Profile
Kymco Dink 200i oil consumption ?
« on: March 22, 2021, 03:49:45 PM »
Hello everyone, :)

I recently got a Kymco Dink 200i / 2008 Model. I am wondering if you can give me some help. Always after driving between 10-40km the hose coming down from the Air Filter Box to the ground is filling up with Oil. And i realize the Engine Oil level goes down. Have to say no smoke or so is coming from the Exhaust Muffler. Is it a normal such waste?
Also I saw the Hose coming from the AIC Valve upwards to the Injection Intake is cut off. At the Injection Air Intake is a blocked piece of Hose. Whats the reason to block that?
Thanks for any supportive reply and Help.
regards Renos ;)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco Dink 200i oil consumption ?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 02:13:34 AM »
Hello everyone, :)

I recently got a Kymco Dink 200i / 2008 Model. I am wondering if you can give me some help. Always after driving between 10-40km the hose coming down from the Air Filter Box to the ground is filling up with Oil. And i realize the Engine Oil level goes down. Have to say no smoke or so is coming from the Exhaust Muffler. Is it a normal such waste?
Also I saw the Hose coming from the AIC Valve upwards to the Injection Intake is cut off. At the Injection Air Intake is a blocked piece of Hose. Whats the reason to block that?
Thanks for any supportive reply and Help.
regards Renos ;)
I have a canadian Frost 200  ,,, USA yager  other lands dink 200,.  is your motor 174.5 CC  15.5 HP  see if you can trace oil from engine , is it a seal leaking oil  from a shaft into the tranny,.  I only had oil come from the gear box from over filling right at the back of the air box,.  the long tube that collects the oil would it come from the carb. or intake air headder,.

Renos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 07:53:41 AM »
Hi, yes my one is 174,5cc. Its the long hose coming from the Air Intake. As i followed it up, one hose is coming from the Cylinder top cover and goes to the Air Filter Box and from the same place that long hose is going to the ground. Could it be the the Piston Rings? But why isnt then smoke coming from the exhaust?

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 08:49:59 AM »
This is a clean-air device that captures the emissions from the crankcase and condenses them in that tube you see with the plug in the end.  Instead of the vapors escaping from the crank-case (via the rocker-box cover in most cases) into the open atmosphere, the fumes are contained.  When nobody's looking, you can pull the plug and let the stuff escape into the open air.  There's not a lot of fumes, just a microscopic amount.  Maybe a little dribble now and again.  But it's important in the eyes of your superiors that you manage your emissions (!) responsibly.  That's what my dad always told me, anyway.
And, as an aside, running at top speed, wide-open-throttle, increases crankcase pressures and your highly-stressed engine will start blowing oil out the crankcase vent tube.  This may show up as oil on your rear tire.  The remedy is to slow down.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 10:11:03 PM by JJJoseph »

Renos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 05:53:35 AM »
Good Morning Scooter Riders,
Thanks for the tips. I use a Synthetic Oil, machine runs smooth. I checked & adjustet the valve clearance because i heard a noise from the rocker arms. Intake valve had a clearance of 0.4mm Outtake 0.2. According to Manual should be 0.1mm. Now the noise is gone and machine has a good sound. Still something isnt right, I took out the Airfilter after 300km and there was again a little oil puddle. I feel thats too much. Will keep an eye on the engine oil level.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 12:54:54 PM »
Just thinking out loud, here....but are you sure it's engine oil on the air filter? Many scoots vent the final drive gearbox into the air filter housing. If the gear oil is overfilled it will vent into the airbox and soak the air filter.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 01:13:46 PM »
Just thinking out loud, here....but are you sure it's engine oil on the air filter? Many scoots vent the final drive gearbox into the air filter housing. If the gear oil is overfilled it will vent into the airbox and soak the air filter.
Good point, others have had issue with over filling the gear box.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 04:14:55 PM »
DING!
I overfilled the gearbox on my first Kymco! "Surely they meant fill to fill hole" like every differential housing/gear box known. No, they MEANT 180 cc, measured and then somehow put IN that tiny hole! Betcha you right on this one!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Renos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 06:48:07 AM »
Dear Crossbolt,
yes good point, your are correct there is a little hose going from the gearbox to the filter box. I was as well confused first filling up the Oil till the entry screw but then i added only 180ml as written outside.
I changed the engine oil to 15w40 semi synthetic oil now and see the result. I guess another option is that the valve stem seal is worn out or?
Does anybody knows how to delete the engine light error? It flashe 9 times and then stays on while driving?

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2021, 03:04:34 PM »
Try this procedure to reset your engine light, ignore the part about PDA plug,
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()