Author Topic: Spoke with a helmet owner in the coffee shop....  (Read 270 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Spoke with a helmet owner in the coffee shop....
« on: March 28, 2021, 04:03:33 PM »

In to town with my daughter recently. Walked into the coffee shop to carry out our order.
Fellow sitting nearby had an expensive looking black helmet on his small table.
I asked, "excuse me, what are you riding?"
"A BMW."
"Ah, I just ride scooters", I said.

He spun around his small laptop and showed me a photo of his BMW - "it's a scooter, too!" he said, smiling. I think he said it was a 650....it was white.

"Tom! - Large with cream and a caramello for the daughter, yes?" bellowed Dino over the heads of 2 customers in front of me.

BMW guy looked at me questioningly - "Yeah, I ride my scooter here a lot of mornings before sunrise. - This time of day he knows I'm here with my daughter."

Another nice German vehicle pulled up next to us. Older couple went across to the Winds for lunch.
My daughter was facing it when they pulled up - she said "that's a pretty one of those Olympic cars."

I looked around, but never found the BMW guy's scooter. Town was pretty crowded.

Stig

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 04:05:05 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

JustWait

• View Profile
Re: Spoke with a helmet owner in the coffee shop....
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 04:58:33 PM »
He-he-he. Maybe he is kinda like me. I bought the helmet a week ago. This week the scooter.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Spoke with a helmet owner in the coffee shop....
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 06:36:20 PM »
He-he-he. Maybe he is kinda like me. I bought the helmet a week ago. This week the scooter.
Oh, I don't doubt that he had that scooter in town. There were plenty of big bikes parked up and down the main drag, and off in smaller lots near town center on this warm sunny day.
Spoke with Dave Chappelle about his scooter in the same coffee shop --- think it was last summer. He siad, no, he'd just sold it. Seemed surprised that I knew about it.
Here he is parked about 50 ft from the same coffee shop. Not wearing gear - but he lives about 1.5 miles from where he's parked here.

Stig
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 06:38:25 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()