Author Topic: Kymco ck1 125 running issue  (Read 823 times)

Kornsteven

• View Profile
Kymco ck1 125 running issue
« on: April 14, 2021, 10:41:58 PM »
Ok, so I bought this ck1 a couple of weeks back and finally got it running I cleaned the carb out as it was gummed up from old fuel, now as you can see the bike will idle no problem but as soon as you give it throttle it tries to die (does die if you keep the throttle), I have a feeling that in my stupidity I didn't drain the old fuel so I'm guessing the petcock maybe has been gummed up and also the fuel lines but what advice could you give that I should also look out for?

(I had to compress and zip the video as this site to let big files)

Thanks everyone

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco ck1 125 running issue
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 12:22:26 PM »
yes, definitely dump out al old fuel and replace with fresh fuel.

Scoot that idles fine but dies with a slight opening of the throttle is a classic sign of a clogged pilot (slow speed) jet.

The opening in a pilot jet is a tiny, tiny passage that is one of the first things to clog on a carb.

Other things could be causing you problems but I'd start with the pilot jet. even if you think you cleaned it before, do it again!

2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 03:05:42 PM »
Ok, so I bought this ck1 a couple of weeks back and finally got it running I cleaned the carb out as it was gummed up from old fuel, now as you can see the bike will idle no problem but as soon as you give it throttle it tries to die (does die if you keep the throttle), I have a feeling that in my stupidity I didn't drain the old fuel so I'm guessing the petcock maybe has been gummed up and also the fuel lines but what advice could you give that I should also look out for?

(I had to compress and zip the video as this site to let big files)

Thanks everyone

It could be caused by quite a number of things:
1. Old fuel / water in fuel.
2. Air leaks (make sure the lines in the petcock system are not cracked / no air leaks at carb gaskets / connections ).
3. Dirty fuel filter.
4. Blocked air filter.
5. Faulty spark plug.
6. Carb jets still not 100% clean ? (Soak the jets for about 2 days in white vinegar and blow out with an air compressor).

Just a couple of causes I can think of.
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

Kornsteven

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 11:06:25 PM »
Thanks People! Looks like I have a few things to do at the weekend!

Thanks again

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()