Author Topic: Need help my agility 50cc making a loud grinding noise  (Read 713 times)

Keoki71

• View Profile
Need help my agility 50cc making a loud grinding noise
« on: May 05, 2021, 06:11:51 PM »
I’m new on owning a scooter and learning on YouTube to how fix my bike, I have a lot new parts in it already, recently order new clutch , new variator with weights and it came with a belt and the belt was a lot bit smaller then the old one, put it on and there was no slack, belt was tight, thought it was good put cover back and crank it over, made this loud grinding noise even my kick starter lever move on its own and got stuck. I put the old parts back on and still has that noise, I’m afraid I broke something. I greatly appreciate if someone can help me find a solution before I buy a new camshaft.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Need help my agility 50cc making a loud grinding noise
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 06:45:10 PM »
I’m new on owning a scooter and learning on YouTube to how fix my bike, I have a lot new parts in it already, recently order new clutch , new variator with weights and it came with a belt and the belt was a lot bit smaller then the old one, put it on and there was no slack, belt was tight, thought it was good put cover back and crank it over, made this loud grinding noise even my kick starter lever move on its own and got stuck. I put the old parts back on and still has that noise, I’m afraid I broke something. I greatly appreciate if someone can help me find a solution before I buy a new camshaft.
Are you getting the noises with the belt cover back on?
If so:
Take the belt cover off - have a look at things, including inside the belt cover, rotate the rear wheel, spin the clutch bell, either of the two big nuts loose?, etc.

Use electric starter and watch this CVT area after you start it.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()