Author Topic: Fast Scooter Videos.  (Read 5075 times)

CONLEY

• View Profile
Re: Fast Scooter Videos.
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 07:56:01 PM »
IVE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE ONHERE TO HAVE THE TIME MONEY AND DESIRE TO DO THIS

GOOD WORK MAN WISH I COULD GET THAT INDEPTH BUT A 150 SWAP AND MAYBE BIG BORE KIT THATS BOUT IT

HOW R U GOING FROM 150 TO 227

shubonker

• View Profile
    • a motorcycle blog
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 09:19:44 PM »
Don't like how they're so loud but i like fast scooters. 

lankeeyankee

• I have an attitude problem with stupidity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 10:56:33 PM »
IVE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE ONHERE TO HAVE THE TIME MONEY AND DESIRE TO DO THIS

GOOD WORK MAN WISH I COULD GET THAT INDEPTH BUT A 150 SWAP AND MAYBE BIG BORE KIT THATS BOUT IT

HOW R U GOING FROM 150 TO 227

GY6 Cases
8.4MM Over Stroked Forged and Balanced Crank
66MM Forged Pistons

It's not cheap, just ordered the piston rings and they were 60.00 alone sitting on a 230.00 Forged Piston.
Yes, its very time consuming to make all the pieces fit. The most time consuming thing is finding parts that are close to fitting and handing them over to the machinist with measurements of what you need done.
The head is complete and has been powder coated in a translucent dew green. Its a 4 valve kymco head that has been ported and polished. I am looking high and low for roller rockers and some titanium retainers to keep the HD springs from floating.

lankeeyankee

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 11:30:56 PM »
And anoter fast scoot! This scoot is running an 1/8 mile (660 feet) under 7 seconds and most likely hitting speeds in excess of 86mph!! Now this is one fast scoot,,, HANG ON!

grantourismo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 06:34:48 AM »
I read someone here posted "Now thats a fast scooter" about some kid getting 6 tickets on his scooter in one week running 40-45 in a 30mph. this isnt fast to me but more of stupidity. So I thought it would be a "Holy Chit" section by posting some videos of fast scooters here.
Please keep is videos of fast scooters not motorcycles but scooters.
Also notice in this video of how cars just pull out in front of the scooter rider. We all know this happens.

http://www.youtube.com/user/smellybumlove
I agree with you this is very stupid
These videos are filmed in Taiwan where I was born, seeing people riding that fast with modified engine is nothing new to me!
And seeing them fall off is nothing new to me !!  Believe it or not kids racing that fast on scooter then follow by serious accident
is not a news in Taiwan.
The result of accident is very bloody lucky one will have bone fracture unlucky one will have paralyzed  or death. When the police informed the family
their son has died of accident the mother faint over, really even a tough guy sees it his eyes would go red  :-[

I think one of the reason these kids would do that because modifyin part over there is really cheap, for us living in the West getting big bore engine
we need to go online buy from e bay , probably pay 150 US dollar then fit it by ourselves or have it done by mechanics who charge you 100 US dollar to have it done. My personal account of modifying my old SYM dd 50 (rebadged honda dio) the 70 cc kit cost me less than 50 us dollar.
Second thing is scooter mechanic shop over there , plenty of them too ! You walk on any street you will see 2 or 3 shop in 100 meter range. And they are cheap too , I only paid 10 US dollar for engine oil change  :o

lankeeyankee

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 11:53:07 PM »
Performance, Speed, and modifications all cost $$$$$$ If one is not mechanically inclined nor has good tuning and troubleshooting skills it becomes very expensive and more down time. Only modify which you can technically handle or have deep pockets and patience during the downtime.
To the gear heads we thrive on this, it not only makes our vehicle unique it also adds the excitement and pride once a goal is accomplished.
I have been racing for over 20 years. I have seen my share of people getting hurt from a minor road rash to losing a limb, going off the end of a track and hitting a sand trap at over 200MPH and being catapulted into the air grasping for there life as the are transported by life flight out! Yes, racing is risky which makes it exciting to participate and watch as a spectator. Just with anything, excitement sometimes has consequences.
If your not willing to accept the consequence don't play, sit on the porch.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2010, 12:35:45 AM »
life flight

That's that helicopter service for hospital transport?

lankeeyankee

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2010, 03:37:41 AM »
life flight

That's that helicopter service for hospital transport?

Yes
Life flight is used in extreme conditions when time is based on life and death. The average helicopter life flight ride costs $8000.00 and thats a flight within 20 miles of a hospital. Not all hospitals have this option.
The hospital I work for has them.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 03:22:53 AM »
Ah, thank you, lankeeyankee. I thought that may have been what it was. They may have a different name for the same type of service here, but it sounded familiar.

Whoa! $8,000!! Expensive, but worth every penny when it's needed.

I'll be rootin' for ya from the porch. :)

lankeeyankee

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 10:53:41 AM »
We use 2 services, 1) our own which is life flight and the other is Medvac, curious to what the name is in your area.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 02:39:43 AM »
Well...I'd love to tell ya, lankeeyankee...but I have no memory. :D

I've lived in several states and I get these types of details confused sometimes....sorry. :-\

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()