Author Topic: OMG - if you have front panel damage to a Liberty150~!  (Read 440 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
OMG - if you have front panel damage to a Liberty150~!
« on: May 26, 2021, 10:32:53 PM »
He rear-ended a motorcycle in stopped traffic.
The repairs look like a whole lotta fun.....

Stig
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 10:35:01 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
Re: OMG - if you have front panel damage to a Liberty150~!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 07:16:02 AM »
Scooter plastics are not difficult to repair, they just take a little time.  They can be repaired like new with only a little work. I use Sure Seal Plastic Surgery resin & mat to glue the pieces back in place, maybe a little Bondo filler on the front face to smooth the cracks.  Then prime and paint.  You can get matching paint color mixed in a 16oz spray can, mixed by specialty auto paint suppliers.  Clear coat if required to match.  Time to repair a totally smashed up panel: maybe 5 hours. The repairs are strong and last for years.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 11:28:10 AM »
Scooter plastics are not difficult to repair, they just take a little time.  They can be repaired like new with only a little work. I use Sure Seal Plastic Surgery resin & mat to glue the pieces back in place, maybe a little Bondo filler on the front face to smooth the cracks.  Then prime and paint.  You can get matching paint color mixed in a 16oz spray can, mixed by specialty auto paint suppliers.  Clear coat if required to match.  Time to repair a totally smashed up panel: maybe 5 hours. The repairs are strong and last for years.
Thanks for the info good to know.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 11:45:29 AM by Kansas kymco »
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 11:36:24 AM »
His scooter was new. So he went with new OEM Piaggio parts. (as would I) 190 Euros. Not bad for all the parts. The guy was new to scooters, but is apparently an excellent mechanic. Didn't pale  when came time to disassemble most of his scooter!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()