Author Topic: Power issues, looking for advice  (Read 830 times)

Skeet808

• View Profile
Power issues, looking for advice
« on: June 12, 2021, 01:43:54 AM »
I just bought a kymco agilty50 2018 second hand. Everything in the engine bay looks clean. The problem I'm having is with the throttle power. On flat land the bike runs but only if I rev it continuously. The bike turns off if its idle or attempting to go up any hill. Unfortunately I dont know much about bikes yet. I'm wondering if it might be a fuel filter issue, air flow or what? Thanks in advance for any help I can get

Onekneedown

• ride more, talk less
    • View Profile
Re: Power issues, looking for advice
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 08:24:24 PM »
Perhaps you can start with the simple things first.  Hopefully you have good fuel in the gas tank, then take a look at the sparkplug for any noticable issues.  Follow thru with carburetor cleaning and/or adjustment of air fuel mix as well as idle.   And please change the oil regardless of the mileage it may currently have.   Everything mentioned above is readily available via YouTube video tutorials.   Ride safe!

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
Re: Power issues, looking for advice
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 06:15:08 AM »
Pay close attention to the jets when cleaning the carb.  It's likely the idle jet (or pilot jet, as some call it).  It's about .3mm diameter, and clogs easily, and then won't idle.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()