Author Topic: Converted Electric Scooter Junkie  (Read 576 times)

scootertherapy

• View Profile
Converted Electric Scooter Junkie
« on: June 13, 2021, 07:48:01 PM »
Since riding the Vespa Electrica I wanted one; but I tested the EMF radiation coming off the Vespa and it was very high. And yet they don't advertise any 'connectivity'.  No one could explain why it was there. I don't use cell phones so, either way I don't want that.. The people that sold me my first electric scooter also sell these. I have this one on order w/ some upgrades.  Tested the EMF on the first one and nothing, in fact nothing in any radiation category was very remarkable. Don't want to trade one pollutant for another.

Purchased another stand/ sit type to sell to offset some of the cost of the second scoot... Don't mind keeping it as well either.  Electric kick butt in a lot of ways. These stand/ sit scoots have a 3 speed trans. Took me 200 km to figure that out.  Guess I was so happy to be scooting again w/ no pollution that the gear indication on the dash was blurred to me.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
Re: Converted Electric Scooter Junkie
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 06:38:07 AM »
Purchased another stand/ sit type to sell to offset some of the cost of the second scoot...

All very interesting, but I have no idea what you're talking about!  What's a "stand/ sit type"?

mousejunks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 09:12:05 AM »
You will get EMF regardless as the induction motor uses a rotating magnetic field to turn the motor. There are also plenty of switchmode electronics (e.g. DC-DC converters) which generate a lot of broad RF noise. If you are so concerned, go and point your EMR detector at the sun 🌞.
'09 Kymco Espresso 150i
'11 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS - 79,500km
'17 Kymco Downtown 350i ABS

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 10:55:28 AM »
@scootertherapy,
if there is too much radiation from this E-scoot, you still have the option to put a gas motor in it and convert it.😊
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 02:38:12 PM »
I rode some electric scooters at Intermot (German scooter trade show) back in 2015ish and remember thinking they were the future. It was awesome. Gliding along nearly silently with instant torque. It doesn't suit the riding I do, but they can't be that many years off managing a 60 mile ride!
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()