Author Topic: Let's visit a Honda Reflex scooter....  (Read 253 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Let's visit a Honda Reflex scooter....
« on: June 15, 2021, 10:15:29 PM »

Coffee buddy Joe came swinging into my parking box with his Honda Reflex, Sport Edition, this morning.

"It starts and runs, and stops" Joe said - so he hasn't "messed much with it." (servicing?) I'm told joe is a retired master mechanic - so he could fix it, if he wanted to. ( Yrs ago I saw him sort out a non-starting scooter in town....laid down next to it and found the side-stand switch was bad)
He did have his scoot pinstriped.

FROM TE INTERNET:
The Sport Edition Reflex originally included: a short Sport Windscreen, Chrome Grabrail with Integrated Backrest, one-piece Chrome Handlebar and Cover, Chrome Sidestand and Handlebar Caps. Joe replaced the screen with a tall Givi.

It has a few battle scars - "Want to tell us about those?"
"No. But, I have a great story about the first time I tried to stop fast after I got the '51 BMW running!"

(I've heard it before. He over-shot his driveway and somehow took out the neighbor's porch.)

Joe likes to keep his Honda's 'patina' unspoiled.

I'm just happy to see that each of these senior citizens have survived 2020!

Stig....I should mention that Joe lives less than 1/2 mile from where we're having coffee. Not sure this scooter gets much highway time. Nor does Joe.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 10:22:46 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

john grinsel

• View Profile
Re: Let's visit a Honda Reflex scooter....
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 02:50:11 PM »
Had a new red one---nice scooter --at 22,500 miles, it and me hit by lady, red Dodge minivan on PHONE---she ran 2 stop signs, hit me, bike totaled, me right hand injury.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()